Just got the H model from free time hobby.the the kit really looks better in person. Saw review a couple of days ago and i saw no sink marks on wings or other areas of the kit.it looks like a discoloring of the plastic from the molds.btw when is MC going to release the correction set for the G model?

24 minutes ago, Robert key said:

Just got the H model from free time hobby.the the kit really looks better in person. Saw review a couple of days ago and i saw no sink marks on wings or other areas of the kit.it looks like a discoloring of the plastic from the molds.btw when is MC going to release the correction set for the G model?

That’s good to hear about the sink marks, maybe the reviewed kit was part of a bad batch.

As for the correction set, the G nose is obviously ready, the strakelets test shot was last week and the revised tail gun test shot was scheduled for this week. I haven’t heard back yet weather it took place or not. MC said once everything was finalized the set could be brought to market in 30 days.

He also mentioned several ways to acquire a set. Sets will be sent to original venders so you can get one through the store you bought the kit. Direct from Modelcollect and lastly a link via Facebook. Obviously MC will announce specifics when the sets are ready.

I got my  H about 3 weeks ago it’s nice but most of the flap attachments were broken the way they were packed.

as far as the G I have two and have ordered the updates from MC at $15;ea  and am waiting but it’s taking a very 

long time and I’m getting frustrated. I hope it’s not too much longer. To all of us good luck

On 2/1/2019 at 11:22 AM, DUNEDEVIL said:

I got my  H about 3 weeks ago it’s nice but most of the flap attachments were broken the way they were packed.

as far as the G I have two and have ordered the updates from MC at $15;ea  and am waiting but it’s taking a very 

long time and I’m getting frustrated. I hope it’s not too much longer. To all of us good luck

I passed this on to MC about your broken parts, he replied that future releases will be packaged better.

Also, did you have to pay $15 shipping on both pre-ordered correction sets? I’d think that $15 would cover both sets shipped in the same package. I’d reach out to MC if I were you, maybe they could fix it if that’s the case.

As for the status of the correction set, they haven’t gotten back to me on my request for photos of the tail gun test shot.

They did send some of the early G tail gun but none of the late G update tail.

14 hours ago, Hooker169 said:

I passed this on to MC about your broken parts, he replied that future releases will be packaged better.

Time for a rant!! 

Why oh why don’t all model companies follow the Trumpeter/Hobbyboss packaging route to ensure their kits get half way round the world with no damage. 

Anybody seen how the HK Lancaster is packaged? Sprue sin bags chucked into a box and left to rattle around and smash into each other at every opportunity. 

The MC B52 is the same, which is very surprising after the care and attention that went into packaging the B2?

come on guys, these kits aren’t cheap, adding an extra couple of dollars for good packaging won’t put people off your products. 

Edited by Nigelr32
35 minutes ago, P-38 guy said:

I just rediscovered I had these scans of some slides I used to have. Thought I would share.

I know it's a G model. Are those B61 bombs?

FAf7vYU.jpg

s5BlAUu.jpg

Not sure what these are by the tail.

1jJt0YQ.jpg

mNa8KTZ.jpg

Mike

Yes those are B61s in the top two pictures.  The other two pictures are of a rotary rack for the bomb bay, but it's tough to say what's on there.  Normally I would expect SRAMs (depending on timeframe), but the stores lack the prominent bands around the rocket motor you would see for an AGM-69; although the fat shape and dark fins look like it would be SRAMs mounted on it.  Given the lack of security around the jet, and the fact a camera was allowed near them, I assume those are not real weapons.

Regards,

Murph

11 hours ago, Murph said:

Yes those are B61s in the top two pictures.  The other two pictures are of a rotary rack for the bomb bay, but it's tough to say what's on there.  Normally I would expect SRAMs (depending on timeframe), but the stores lack the prominent bands around the rocket motor you would see for an AGM-69; although the fat shape and dark fins look like it would be SRAMs mounted on it.  Given the lack of security around the jet, and the fact a camera was allowed near them, I assume those are not real weapons.

Regards,

Murph

Thanks for the info. I figured they were not live for the reasons you mentioned. Love that paint scheme.

Mike

On 2/23/2019 at 10:51 PM, Murph said:

Regards,

Murph

Have to wonder if those photos (at the time taken) were legally taken on the flight line.