New Decals - Hollywood A-6 Intruders (1/32, 1/48, & 1/72)

9 hours ago, ziggyfoos said:

That footage is from 65/66 and with those two F-4 squadrons along with the USAF aircraft and helos in the background I would've thought Da Nang, although there is some early Chu Lai footage in there too.

Not Chu Lai ! they were laying the metal plate for the air strip in 65. They did fly out of there, but nothing like 67. The concrete was poured in the early summer or late spring of 67. It was still curing out when I got there in December. But it's possible the photo was taken looking south from the far north end. Never was up there except at the refuel point and the old Hawk Missile Battery. Thinking back, that could well be the far eastern runway in DaNang. Never was on it (well once). Everytime I was on one of their runways it was on the newer western side, and out front of the F104's (second best duty in RVN). Now I'm betting it's DaNang. I was in the Marine PX's and the Air Force mess hall everytime I went to Chu Lai and all there pilots wore green jump suits in 67/68/69

gary