trumpeter 983 hemtt detail sets

I have those kits as well and have been slowly collecting materials myself (pricey stuff though :o !). Right now you will have to dip into existing interior detail sets made for the Italeri HEMTT's if you wanted to add some finer details inside. Trump specific sets, I know Real Models makes a new resin engine and detail set for the Trump kit(#35288) and it is WELL DONE! They (Real Models) also make resin wheels for the Trump kit that look great to me (#35289) and better then the kits. Tetra Model Works makes a beauty set of PE for Trump exterior (#35041) that I haven't gotten yet but want (look it up...WOW!!!). Both Real Models and Eduard make armored interior PE sets (#35247 for Real Models and #36274 and #36269 for Eduard). They are meant for the Italeri kit but have components that could enhance the Trump kit's interior.

I believe Black Dog also made resin wheels in a different tread pattern as well...but I can't remember what the product number is?

This is all I have found at the moment. My project is a long ways off so I really haven't gotten into any meaty research yet. There are probably more sets out there that I haven't noticed but this should get you pointed in the right direction I hope.

:cheers:

Don.

...I wonder how close the italeri interior set is to the 983 ?

Lindsay

Sorry I am late getting back to you, but the cab interiors for the HEMETT family are pretty much identical with only minor differences. So as I wrote in my PM I honestly think the Eduard set will work just fine.

:cheers:

• 3 months later...

I am using the Trumpeter M983 as a base to scratch/convert it into an M1074 PLS, you can check it out here:  http://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=251900#2132984

The Trumpeter interior doesn't need any help from the Edauard PE set.  It is much better detailed and more complete than what comes in the PE set.  In my opinion, it is a waste of money to try and add less detail than what is already there, which is excellent.

• 3 weeks later...

Gino  when you  glue the kit supplied tires to the rims what do you use for glue , ive used CA  and testors liquid cement in the past  but sometimes  they don't stick. also how how you  prep the rubber tires for painting and weathering

by the way your build looks spectacular cant wait to see it finished

lindsay

Thanks for the compliments.

I don't glue the rubber tires to the rims.  I find they are tight enough on their own without glue.  To prep them, I usually give them a good rubdown with 200 grit sandpaper to rough them up.  I don't usually paint them since they are already black rubber.  I weather them with acrylics like the rest of the vehicle.

Edited by HeavyArty