1. Please post your entries in this thread.

2. Please limit photos to a maximum of 3. Post any additional photos in your build thread.

3. Limit of one post per model in this thread.

Welcome aboard and we're off and running like a herd of turtles. This is the list of prospective participants as gleaned from the earlier GB proposal thread. Hopefully, this will have the builder's name, scale, manufacturer and model name for each entry.

Andrew Dorion--------1/32nd, F-4E Phantom, Tamiya

Aussie_superbug-----1/72nd, RF-111C, Hasegawa

Dan Leduc-------------1/32nd, RF-4E Phantom, Revell

dnl42--------------------1/48th, MQ-8B Fire Scout, Attack Squadron

dragan_Mig-31--------1/72nd, RF-4E Phantom, Revell

dragon_Mig-31--------1/72nd, Fiat G.91R3, Revell--------------------------finished

Draggie748-------------1/72nd, F-16C Falcon, Hasegawa

Drifterdon---------------1/144th, SR-71 Blackbird, Dragon

Drifterdon---------------1/144th, SR-71 Blackbird, LS

Drifterdon---------------1/144th, U-2R Dragon Lady, Dragon

Drifterdon---------------1/144th, RC-135W Rivet Joint, Minicraft

Geoff Murphy----------1/48th, F-4-1-LO Lightening, Academy, 9th PRS-USAAF

Geoff Murphy----------1/48th, F-4A Lightening, Hasegawa, 8th PRS, USAAF-----finished

Grandboof--------------1/48th, Spitfire IXc, Revell of Germany-------------------------finished

Ichitoe-------------------1/72nd, SR-71 Blackbird, Monogram

Ichitoe-------------------1/72nd, RF-101C Voodoo, Valom

Jay Chladek-----------1/72nd, RQ-1, Predator, Accurate Miniatures

JEN722------------------1/48th, S35E Draken, Hasegawa

JEN722------------------1/48th, RF-84F Thunderflash, Tan Models

Mike J Idacavage-----______, Tu-143 REJS, Decali Model---------------finished

nspreitler----------------1/48th, MQ-9 Reaper, Revell-------------------------finished

Pete----------------------1/72nd, FR.5 Swift, Airfix-------------------------------finished

plasticWerks_JL------1/48th, GR.1 Jaguar w recce pod, Italeri

Phantom----------------1/48th, RF-4C Alabama ANG, Hasegawa---------finished

polite---------------------1/72nd, UP-3D JASDF, Hasegawa

Ryan Hothersall--------1/72nd, Mig-21R Fishbed H, KP--------------------finished

Saratha S.--------------1/72nd, MQ-9 Reaper, Skunk Models--------------finished

Sebastijan--------------1/288th, AN-71 AWACS, Eastern Express--------finished

Stefan buysse----------1/48th, Spitfire PR-1A, Tamiya

Stephan buysse--------1/48th, Spitfire PR-Mk XI, Hasegawa

Stephan buysee--------1/72nd, OH-6A Cayuse, AZ models

texgal45-----------------1/48th U-2C Dragon Lady, Hawk

Trojan Thunder---------1/72nd, E-7A Wedgetail, Welsh

Trojan Thunder---------1/7nd, E-8C JSTARS, Airfix

Unglued------------------1/72nd, RU-6A Beaver, Airfix------------------------finished

WymanV------------------1/48th, Nieuport IV, Planet Models

Yardbird78---------------1/48th,A-12 Oxcart from SR-71 Blackbird, Testor's

Darwin

Edited by yardbird78
update info

My first entry will be the 1/48th Testors SR-71 which I will be modifying to be an A-12 using the Kiwi Resins conversion set. I started this kit-conversion about a year ago and did about a quarter of the work before it got pushed into a corner and replaced by other projects.

018%20box%20art_zpshu4l6lv1.jpg

A-12%2048%20Kiwi%2001%20Convert%20from%20SR-71_zpsq0kogriw.jpg

Darwin

Edited by yardbird78

I'll be building a de Havilland RU-6A Beaver that flew with the 146th Radio Research Company, "The Snoopers." The kit: Airfix 1/72 DHC-2 Beaver, Kit #3017. I built one of these a couple of years ago (Hobby Craft kit), and liked building it, so I thought I'd do it again, only better this time. This is one of those old birds that just won't stop flying. I live on the Kenai Peninsula in Alaska, where the sky is full of float planes all summer, and a good many of these are Beavers, some of which can be traced back to Vietnam, where they were used to locate "Charlie." I just won the kit on e-Bay. I'll send pics when I receive it.

My original plan of doing a 1/48 Hasegawa RF-4C has changed to the Monogram SR-71. My previous build of the Habu was crushed during a recent move. I'm going to do it as an "In-flight" build.

Once the Habu is done, I have a Valom RF-101C I'll do.

Looking forward to this group build.

Mike

My original plan of doing a 1/48 Hasegawa RF-4C has changed to the Monogram SR-71. My previous build of the Habu was crushed during a recent move. I'm going to do it as an "In-flight" build. Mike

Blackbirds rule. Welcome to the GB.

Darwin

I'd like to joint with a Welsh Boeing E-7A Wedgetail.

WTParts_2.jpg

It has been started and stalled for some time but has a lot more to do on it. Here it is as it stands. Plenty to do in terms of assembly and scribing.

72_Welsh_E-7A_12_zpsadtdx5xt.jpg

72_Welsh_E-7A_16_zpsqt97bzbs.jpg

72_Welsh_E-7A_20_zps81xsccpa.jpg

Edited by Trojan Thunder

Would a Japanese Maritime Self Defence Force UP-3D qualify for this GB?

If I understand their mission correctly, the P-3 Orions of US, Canada, Japan, etc all monitor bad guy submarine activities. That constitutes gathering intelligence, so you are good to go with this entry. What scale and manufacturer will this be? Welcome to the GB.

Darwin

May I join your group build with a 1/48th Hawk kit of the U-2C? I raided hubby's stash for it and it will be the first model I have built in about 3 years. I would like to finish it in that really dark blue of the early U-2s before they started painting them black.

U-2C%2048%20Hawk%2001.jpg

Grandma L

If I understand their mission correctly, the P-3 Orions of US, Canada, Japan, etc all monitor bad guy submarine activities. That constitutes gathering intelligence, so you are good to go with this entry. What scale and manufacturer will this be? Welcome to the GB.

Darwin

The UP-3D is an ELINT training aircraft. I have the 1/72 Hasegawa kit.

May I join your group build with a 1/48th Hawk kit of the U-2C? I raided hubby's stash for it and it will be the first model I have built in about 3 years. I would like to finish it in that really dark blue of the early U-2s before they started painting them black. Grandma L

Glad to see a U-Bird get in on the action. Your models that I have seen in the past are excellent. Welcome to the GB.

Darwin

I would like to join this group build with a Hasegawa 1/48th scale S35E Draken.

I will probably scratchbuilt some cameras and replace the ejection seat with a resin version. Also, I have yet to decide on the colour scheme.

2016-07-12%20S35E%20Draken.jpg

Jens

I'd like to join with this one:

Hasegawa F-16N converted to F-16C Blk30+ from the 170thFS, 183rdFW Illinois ANG with a aero L'arsenal Per Udsen Recon pod.

Photo of kit and all the extras.

IMG_0743_Web.jpg

Photo of Decals from Wolfpak Decals, seat from Verlinden, Weapons from Hasegawa Weapons set, and Lightening Pod and IFF Aerial plate from Academy F-16C kit.

IMG_0745_Web.jpg

Photo showing Revell F-16C Blk 15-32 wheels late version from F-16C Blk50 kit, Modern Hobbies BRU-57 "USAF" Ejector Rack and BLU-38 bombs and the Recon pod from aero L'arsenal.

IMG_0746_Web.jpg

Photos showing Eduard F-16C update set, Stiffeners from the Hasegawa F-16A ADF kits, and Hasgawa parts from the spares box.

IMG_0747_Web.jpg

Hopefully I'll get this one finished in time. :woot.gif:

Cheers

Phil

Edited by Draggie748

Hasegawa F-16N converted to F-16C Blk30+ from the 170thFS, 183rdFW Illinois ANG with a aero L'arsenal Per Udsen Recon pod.

Hopefully I'll get this one finished in time. w00t.gif

Cheers

Phil

Hmmm..... we'll see :D :D

Nice to see you here, I suppose I need to post my build thread now

Hasegawa F-16N converted to F-16C Blk30+ from the 170thFS, 183rdFW Illinois ANG with a aero L'arsenal Per Udsen Recon pod. Phil

Great choice. I grew up just a few miles from the Peoria, Illinois Airport where they had/have a Guard unit. I watched the transition from F-51s to F-84F's.

Welcome to the GB.

What??? No RF-84F??? I guess I will have to enter with the new Tanmodel 1/48th scale RF-84F then, if it is ok that I have started building it.Yay or nay?

Jens

Great choice. Good to go and welcome to the GB.

Darwin

Hi,

Cool, a recce GB!

There are quite a few recce subjects that I'd like to build. I will not start this one before I finish the two Spitfires that I have going for the Spitfire GB.

My entry for this GB has its roots in that GB, though. I added the exhausts before I saw that the Eduard Camo masks want you to add the exhausts after painting, so I took another set of Spitfire fuselage halves for the Spitifre GB.

I can use the fuselage with the exhausts installed in this GB. A monochrome recce machine is ideal for that.

I'll build N3071 flwon by Shorty Longbottom on the first ever operational photo recce mission undertaken in a Spitfire.

28354094142_ed5481bf4f_z.jpgARC Recce GB-1 by StefanBuysse, on Flickr

Cheers, Stefan.

Hi,

Cool, a recce GB!

A monochrome recce machine is ideal for that.

I'll build N3071 flwon by Shorty Longbottom on the first ever operational photo recce mission undertaken in a Spitfire. Cheers, Stefan.

A Spitfire Recce Bird would be a great addition to the list. Keep us posted when you start building. What kit and scale will you be using? Welcome to the GB.

Darwin

Edited by yardbird78