What are you going to celebrate?

Build #1 - Hasegawa F-4C/D "Bicentennial"

Up first is this Hasegawa F-4C Bicentennial release. I figured I would build this kit, since with this release of the Academy F-4C/D I may not otherwise ever get to this one.

IMGP8177-vi.jpg

There are two decal options, not sure which one I will do

IMGP8178-vi.jpg

Mi-2 "Czajnik" 50 lat, (Mi-2 "Teapot" 50 years). This is the venerable Mi-2 Hoplite. According to Wikipedia, this is "the only Soviet-designed helicopter to be built solely outside the Soviet Union." About 5500 were built from 1965 to 1998.

mi-2-start0.jpg

This will be my 2nd helicopter; the 1st is under construction in the Recce Birds, Part Deux GB.

Hi everyone! This looks like it will be a fun GB. I am going to go to a small scale for this GB and plan on building one of the many 1/144 kits I have in my stash. Hopefully, I will actually complete this build on time! :woot.gif:/>/> My track record for ARC GBs is around 50%, I will be starting this build as soon as I finish up two other builds and clear a space on my workbench. Here's what I am planning to work on:

144%20F15J%20304SQ%20_003_MJI07042016%20Large.jpg

I plan on adding a bit extra to this kit so it will be a fun project on my end.

Have fun modeling

Mike

:cheers:/>/>

Hi everyone! This looks like it will be a fun GB. I am going to go to a small scale for this GB and plan on building one of the many 1/144 kits I have in my stash. Hopefully, I will actually complete this build on time! :woot.gif: My track record for ARC GBs is around 50%, I will be starting this build as soon as I finish up two other builds and clear a space on my workbench. Here's what I am planning to work on:

144%20F15J%20304SQ%20_003_MJI07042016%20Large.jpg

I plan on adding a bit extra to this kit so it will be a fun project on my end.

Have fun modeling

Mike

:cheers:

Wow, I have a kit of the same aircraft, but in 1/72 by Hasegawa. That blue Eagle is my all-time favourite anniversary scheme. Looking forward to seeing how yours turns out! I might enter the 1/72 kit into the GB later.

The July issue of SAMI has an article on the HB 1/72 F-15C with custom decals for the 75th anniversary of the OR ANG. The author, Kitti Tatsumaki indicates they are available from their "Fishbone Inc" brand, which appears to have a Facebook page.

Oh, and just noticed this plane is on the ARC front-page!

No relation or interest to any of the parties, just passing on information.

Edited by dnl42

Wow, I have a kit of the same aircraft, but in 1/72 by Hasegawa. That blue Eagle is my all-time favourite anniversary scheme.

I have the same kit and it is also one of my favourites.

In february 2005 I visited Tsuiki and a lot of F-15s flew that day. Guess which particular F-15 was out on the ramp but didn't fly all day? :bandhead2:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm going to do the Belgian F-16 with the plan form of the Spitfire on the back. No aftermarket, maybe just add some seatbelts and brake lines. The kit looks like it will stand up on its own merit.

RevellF-16A172boxcover.jpg

Have you had a chance to start this one? This is a neat subject.

In a moment of sheer lunacy, I have decided to start a third build, since the others are in a hold down period for the primer to dry of the Academy F-4B with the F-4b on the Marine Corps Spirit of '76 sheet from Impact decals.

couple reasons:

1. I want to build an academy phantom

2. As I am starting to have fairly serious kit storage issues, I figured I would attack something with a large box

What can possibly go wrong?

• 2 weeks later...