Aeroplast 1/48 Mi-2 "Czajnik" 50 lat

• 2 months later...

My end-of-year at work was brutal; my beginning-of-year wasn't much better, either. I managed to finish the MQ-8B last month, and now I'm going to finish this bird.

The Part PE set includes visors frames and sheet. Looks like they were (at least some times) green. I actually did them in mid September.

mi_2_visors.jpg

I also painted the transmission housing

mi_2_transmission.jpg

Wish I could say it fit nicely

mi_2_uh.jpg

Some file time fixed it

mi_2_fixed.jpg

Decided to scratch the hand-holds on the transmission housing

mi_2_handhold.jpg

I also managed to give it a nice white prime. Sadly, those clear parts needed gray first. So, I stripped the white primer off just the clear parts so they could be sprayed gray.. Between the partial stripping and the respray, I also spent some time thinking about the MLG. On the one hand, the attachment method demanded a bare plastic-to-plastic bond; on the other hand, they're quite delicate and I can be supremely klutzy...

As you can see, I decided to go for the better bond and hope I can manage to not bash them between now and done. So, here it is with the MLG installed and the clear panels sprayed gray.

mi_2_clear_gray.jpg

Onward ho!