1/48!Century Series Options

With my LHS Closing a few years ago, I have become increasingly out of the loop as for new arrivals. I need to check that section of FSM out more. Anyway, aside from the Kinetic F-101 are there any other worthwhile kits out there? Excluding, of course, the vintage Revell, Monogram et al. Please understand that I am not knocking those veteran kits at all. I just like recessed panels and suck at scribing detail lost from sanding let alone an airframe.

Thanks in advance.

It is a good time for modern kits of the century series in 1/48th. I have no idea about the accuracy of these kits, and except the F-104 I do not own them, and have never seen them.

so excluding the F-101 here is the rest of the century series

F-106 - Released by trumpeter in 2014

F-104 - Hasegawa from 2000 ish

f-100 - Trumpeter (sometime in the past few years)

F-105 - Hobby Boss (sometime in the past few years)

so as far as I know only the F-102 has not been re-done lately

Edited by Kurt H.

Encore released an F-102 about five years ago. I believe it is the Monogram kit with some photoetch thrown in.

Encore is the Monogram kit with resin intakes, cockpit, ejection seat, intakes, corrected radome and missiles, as well as photoetch - so still the raised lines he wants to avoid. (But if he wants a -102....)