Canuck Models and Canada Post

Regarding Canada Post

Hi everyone. So as many may be aware, there is a risk of a Canada Post work stopage beginning next week. According to an email CP recently sent (this afternoon) to all their business account customers, this will be a complete shutdown - no mail service of any kind save for welfare cheques.

Canuck Models relies heavily on Canada post. Outside of the 2 or 3 model shows we attend every year, it's the #1 way we get our products to our customers. That means that a work stopage will have an extremely negative effect on our bottom line.

I will do our best to fill orders and shipments during any interuption but won't have any control over the time it takes to get to you (not that there was any in the first place).

Folks with complaints needs to contact the following;

Canada Post - 1-866-607-6301

CUPW - 613-236-7238

The Canada Post Ombudsman - 1-800-204-4198

thanks

David

Unfortunate that management made the decision to lock out employees who still were looking to bargain.

I must admit I have been on a tedious course the last three days and haven't read any news today.

I went by the Canada Post building on the way to the Winnipeg airport today and the staff parking lot was full.

I must admit I have been on a tedious course the last three days and haven't read any news today.

I went by the Canada Post building on the way to the Winnipeg airport today and the staff parking lot was full.

It's not immediate as either side must give 72 hours notice of intent to walk out or lock out. In this case the employer has decided to lock out the employees. Often used as a cost cutting measure by not having to pay wages.

There's a notice on the Canada Post website that says pretty much that.

Nearly all of our largest e-commerce customers have already moved most or all of their parcel volumes to other carriers, resulting in a volume decline of at least 75 per cent from these customers.

The number of parcels arriving at our largest plants via transport trucks has declined to the point where there often are not enough parcels to last an entire processing shift.

Lettermail is down in many facilities by as much as 50 per cent and over the weekend, commercial customers deposited half the mail they usually deposit.

(plus a bunch of language asserting that they're doing everything they possibly can and that, by extension, it's totes the other guy's fault for being big meanies... it is a press release, after all)

Funny how that volume has been moved to Purolator. ...... a wholey owned subsidiary of CP. CP makes profits hand over fist.....they haven't lost money yet. Unfortunately the management is mediocre at best which is why they might be paying higher in some costs. Try shipping UPS or FedEx. .....they rape you.

There's always two sides to these types of things and those of us not sitting directly across the table representing one side or the other ever really know what's going on. But generally speaking both sides are not without guilt. So both sides can play the "poor us" card all they want, we've seen this movie before and we'll see it again.

There's always two sides to these types of things and those of us not sitting directly across the table representing one side or the other ever really know what's going on. But generally speaking both sides are not without guilt. So both sides can play the "poor us" card all they want, we've seen this movie before and we'll see it again.

Yeah they can....bUT these guys were legislated back to work under the previous government. Circumventing any negotiations. Really not a good thing. Generally speaking CP would save money by locking the employees out.....and over the long run they save money by keeping it out of arbitration. Really this is the Corporation going on strike against the workers.

Meh, again I've been on both sides of the coin/table (albeit in a different profession). All sides have culpability on letting things deteriorate to this stage though they will never admit it. Inevitably this to will come to pass as these things always do and both sides will claim victories and concessions (the usual speeches in front of the cameras that we've all seen time and time again). Same movie...same drama...eventually the same ending...just different actors for this remake.

:cheers:

No-no, that says beav at door, not bear. It's short for beaver. I guess the postie couldn't Leave it to Beaver!

Tom

Then he should have delivered if there was a beaver at the door, especially if it was an eager one,

Yeah they can....bUT these guys were legislated back to work under the previous government. Circumventing any negotiations. Really not a good thing. Generally speaking CP would save money by locking the employees out.....and over the long run they save money by keeping it out of arbitration. Really this is the Corporation going on strike against the workers.

I can't say I agree with you Emvar. I know you don't like Harper, but a postal strike can really cripple the economy of a country. Harper did the right thing.

What I feel should occur is negotiations should continue and penalties should be levied on management for not having a contract in place at the end of the previous agreement.

I can't say I agree with you Emvar. I know you don't like Harper, but a postal strike can really cripple the economy of a country. Harper did the right thing.

What I feel should occur is negotiations should continue and penalties should be levied on management for not having a contract in place at the end of the previous agreement.

Well if it is that important it would be deemed an essential service. That would cost a lot more. This is why they made legislation to get them back to work. Liberals are just red tories. .... actually support the union.......they don't want to stop work......it's CP management that is threatening a lockout.