LF: 1:48 A&AEE Phantom FG.1 XT597 flattened nose radome

I recently purchased the Hasegawa 1/48 Phantom FG.1 25th Anniversary boxing and was curious if DB Productions or Flightpath UK ever released a resin flattened nose cone for XT597 in 1/48 scale? I know of a 1/72 molding by DB Productions. Curious. R/ Dutch

Edited by Dutch

Right on, Rob. I will check it out! Hmm, Heritage doesn't seem to list it now.

Don, as Rob points out, this is a special nose radome that has been flattened on the bottom with some kind of aerial between two di-electric panels. The kit comes with the standard F-4J/K/M/S radome molded in place.

R/ Dutch

Edited by Dutch

Dutch, I understand what the radome is and looks like. It was included as part of the Hasegawa kit with a right and left half and the sensor pallet on the bottom. I assembled the radome but didn't use it. Problem is, I can't find my dang Phantom parts box. I know I still have it. If Ben has one, go with his. Don

My kit came with two of those. Maybe Dutch's kit was ahead of mine on the assembly line and his radome ended up in mine. :D

Anyway, if for some reason you need another one (or two), you're welcome to them.

Ben

Don & Ben,

Thanks to both of you for looking and each of your offers. Now let me dig mine out and determine the extent of my "lack of dome." [There's a pun somewhere in there just waiting to come out!]

R/

Dutch

Doh! I just checked the box and found the radome. Don't know why I missed it the first time. I,ve got so many Phantom kits, that I think my mind confused my eyes into not seeing it the first time. Sorry for the false alarm. Good to know I have modeling buddies willing to lend a hand, though. Thanks, again. Dutch