I do one every New Year's Day. My dad and I used to build all day/night when I was a kid. I've kept on doing to remember the good times of childhood. Last year a Monogram 1/48 P-39. I usually pick kits that I know go together with little fuss.

6580750_orig.jpg?225

I did it once, it was during the 2013 24 Heures du Mans

Fortuantly I had a can of red lacquer paint so the paint dried in time

49380995369306-vi.jpg

This was a pretty simple curbside kit, but it came out really nice

I am not sure how I could pull off an aircraft model that fast, it would need to be pretty good fitting and I would need to find an alternative to putty.

Edited by Kurt H.

Has anyone ever done a one day build? And if you were able to complete it in one day, what model did you build and was it built to your normal standards?

One day?

That's also 24h00, and if that count, I did it a few time.

One to two hours a day, over fifteen days.

glen_065.jpg

glen_071.jpg

glen_073.jpg

I had two sessions where I got models done in under 12 hours. One was the My Favorite Martian space ship and that was pretty easy as I did it cockpit shut with blacked out windows. Tamiya spray comes in handy for such projects. The other one was an old Revell D-558-2 Skyrocket. I started at 6:00 AM and got it done by about 5:30. Only thing that hadn't quite dried by the time I got it to the club meeting was the Micro Krystal Kleer I used for the cockpit windows in place of the clear piece (which I didn't have). The markings I used seem spartan, but they are accurate for that jet during a given time period.

skyrocket1_zpsd9b0f58a.jpg

skyrocket2_zps72f813d4.jpg

Found also this one......

Tamiya 1/48.

As you can see, choice of the model is important. With a floatplane, you don't have to mess with a landing gear, saving time. Very important also is the planning. There's no place for hesitations.

kyofu_22.jpg

kyofu_31.jpg

kyofu_26.jpg

I've even had an excel made for the countdown.

Not so sure, but this might be the last

kyofu_13.jpg

I have not yet, but I plan to. I want to try a 48 hour build first. I think the subject is important. The trick I want to try is an intricate scheme on a 24 hour build that doesn't look like a simlle single tone, with a few decals. So i don't want it to look like it was slapped together. So I'm planning. Planning and planning

I built these two 1/72 Sherman's in an evening:

IMG_20160708_131347_zpsfizz3loc.jpg

My Son and I actually worked on them while munching on pizza and watching a baseball game together. It was fun!

:cheers:

Hey we should hold a "Done in a Day" event here on ARC. Any kit, any scale, any genre, what-if's, OOB or jam whatever you want into it/on it...so long as you show a photo of your kit at your start time (with date and time showing), a photo about the 12 hour mark showing your progress, and a final photo with the date and time showing at the 24 hour mark. See how far people get in 24 hours. Might be fun...

:cheers:

I'm thinking a UAV would be up there is the easy to get done category...no cockpit, simple gear (unless you speed it up by having it retracted), and typically an overall flat gray finish.

Edited by 82Whitey51