Skunkmodels 1/48 Russian Missiles Set

i'm not seeing this happening anytime soon (nor later honestly)

the main reason that Russian missile set exist is that they already have the tooling done for the Su-33 kit.

(and that tooling was praised, and many (which i'm of) asked for Kinetic to Issue a set with missiles...and pylons apart from the kit.)

maybe, one day, Kinetic will do some other soviet/russian subjects, and then, maybe, they'll tool enough new weapons to do a Russian Air to Ground weapon set...

but for the sole Su-33 i don't think it worth it.

I think the last weapon sets were extra toolings too. Many model kit builders use these extra weapons for other subjects. For example french aasms for the revell rafale. So you could use russian bombs for the fullback.

:wave:/>/>

I'm sure they'll make lots of money with this set... <_</>/>

Chris,

I can tell you the one pc missile is good for the consumer but no good for maker. A lot of protective matter and labor for the production.

If the projects under my design, I would go for traditional way and those who want one PC missile will come to you.

Edited by Raymond Chung

I think the last weapon sets were extra toolings too. Many model kit builders use these extra weapons for other subjects. For example french aasms for the revell rafale. So you could use russian bombs for the fullback.

i do that myself, and will certainly use the Skunkmodel russian missile set for my Academy Su-27 builds... but will this be more profitable for Kinetic/Skunkwork than the Su-33 kit with the missiles...??? i don't know...but i don't think so. it's more like tackling the market, because it didn't need too much extra investment... thank you again to all Kinetic/Skunkwork/Lucky Model staff for your great job70.gif

hi2.gif

I'm sure they'll make lots of money with this set... dry.gif

yet the kid end up being done by Kinetic, I know you where involve, and to me it mean a lot (and explain somesmile.gif) Glad to see you here!

Chris,

I can tell you the one pc missile is good for the consumer but no good for maker. A lot of protective matter and labor for the production.

If the projects under my design, I would go for traditional way and those who want one PC missile will come to you.

it's too bad to read that, as for me, it was a way better solution than resin aftermarket products. it may be a "lesser profitable" market segment...but nonetheless a good marketing element for a kit.

still, i think it is only an interesting solution for missiles. (as it's mostly the fins alignment thing that is sometime a PITA)

i really hope your missile set sells beyond your expectations!

From an industrial point of view, one PC missile is not designed for high volume sales model kit. The labour and protective material involve could eat up all the profit for the maker and less margin for producing new kit.

Think about a mold like a house you need to maintain it for rental.

Hi Raymond,

Are you talking about this?

My link

I'm surprised Trumpeter has not done it in 1/48.

Juan

There's one in resin (OOP I just saw): http://www.hadmodels.com/mugyanta_termekek_58/teljes_jarmu_mugyanta_keszletek_148_100/348002_ural_4320_apa_5d_indito_kocsi_148_elorendelheto_20_os_aron_1481

Outstanding model, but not an easy build...

Hey Raymond, any chance you could include decals for the white portion of the leading edge of the R-27 (AA-10) forward fins? I always have a hard time painting them evenly!!!

Thanks!

Hey Raymond, any chance you could include decals for the white portion of the leading edge of the R-27 (AA-10) forward fins? I always have a hard time painting them evenly!!!

Thanks!

Great idea!!!

Thats a lot of black smoke, is it normal? I thought modern ship should be less smokey?

It is powered by crude ship oil. And yes, modern ships are not very smokey but in the pic it looks like it is going at low speed (bad efficiency - lots of smoke) and the engines were something designed half a century ago.