F-101B soon from Kitty Hawk

It looks a lot like he old Monogram kit with the Revell kit decals blown up.

don't read huh? or was that can't read, but can look at the pretty pictures.

Ahh the forum police..

I guess we can bury new kit announcements from the manufacturer in posts on unrelated topics(are any announcing a new tool F-101B?) from now on.

Quality police work... :cop:

So when can we expect to see it released?

Oh come on you know someone was eventually going to post it... :lol:!

:cheers:

My father-in-law was with the 15th FIS at DM and I told him one day I would build a Voodoo for him. I've picked up a couple of the Eagle Strike sheets, hard as hens teeth to find, so guess that build will be happening soon.

• 8 months later...

Bringing this one back to the top.

Any more news on this kit? It still shows as coming soon on their website with nothing more than box art. Nothing on their FB page either.

Cheers,

John

They are known for waving the flag on a new kit and then ignoring it for months, if not longer.   I'm still waiting for their Littlebird which was announced nearly a year ago.  Since then, they put up a few CAD's, boxart and nothing else.    Don't hold your breath....

1 hour ago, 11bee said:

They are known for waving the flag on a new kit and then ignoring it for months, if not longer.   I'm still waiting for their Littlebird which was announced nearly a year ago.  Since then, they put up a few CAD's, boxart and nothing else.    Don't hold your breath....

I'm one of those guys not holding my breath. The F-101 will get here when it gets here. In the meantime I'm building the models I have.  :thumbsup:

I know they paid for the Canadian decals, that they are printed by Cartograf and have been delivered.

But that was over a year ago. I wish this one would come out soon.

Edited by Scooby

Rather have them do the RF-101A/C...Since the Monogram kit is already done in my case...Dont see a real need fro me to get a new tooled F-101B ...esp/ since it is based on the Monogram kit as we can see....

Steve,

Nope, I'd rather a new tool CF-101. while the Monogram kit was nice in its day, it is dated. I remember using a rasper file to get parts to conform.   

Kitty Hawk already tooled the F-101B, they rejected the molds because they were not happy with the product. Which leads back to the earlier F-101A/C, sales have been poor due to the poor quality of the molds. 

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Snowbird3a said:

'this product has an extended handling time'

Actually, that is not unusual for products coming out of Hong Kong or China. Its even worse for stuff from Russia. Two month or more often being quoted. It usually doesn't take quite that long. Kind of a worse case scenario quote.

So from what I recall the first release of the Voodoo from Kitty Hawk had a crappy cockpit. Ok by crappy I mean PE in the cockpit for panels. Somehow it seemed to be old school with the detail on the PE not very good. Well this is really my opinion.

I hope of the F-101B is going to be released they do a proper cockpit with raised detail. I am sure they can do it considering their latest releases.

2 hours ago, Mstor said:

Kind of a worse case [shipping] scenario quote.

I rather think those extended-shipping-time-vendors are betting on the come -- speculating that the product will "soon" become available (since they don't  yet have it), and that they will then be able to get it to their paid up customers within in the long lead time given. And if they don't make that time frame, what do they have to lose -- they already have your money?:rolleyes:

Gene K

2 hours ago, skyhawk174 said:

So from what I recall the first release of the Voodoo from Kitty Hawk had a crappy cockpit. Ok by crappy I mean PE in the cockpit for panels. Somehow it seemed to be old school with the detail on the PE not very good. Well this is really my opinion.

I hope of the F-101B is going to be released they do a proper cockpit with raised detail. I am sure they can do it considering their latest releases.

The original tooling of the F-101B was rejected by Kittyhawk and sent back to the tooling company. Hopefully they got it right this time. Remember our guest who designed the decals for this kit told us this.