F-101B soon from Kitty Hawk

2 hours ago, skyhawk174 said:

So I see this seller that I have in my saved sellers list on ebay has the KH F-101B for $56 CDN with free shipping. That is a good price.

Yes, that is a very good price. I paid $59.90 USD after shipping costs at Hobbyeasy, so $56 CDN is definitely a good price. I would check the delivery times though. May be a long wait in store.

Mstor yeah I am not too worried about delivery. I have way too many kits to worry when new releases come out. I get kits in due course and don't have to be the first one on the block to buy it 😁

2 hours ago, skyhawk174 said:

So I see this seller that I have in my saved sellers list on ebay has the KH F-101B for $56 CDN with free shipping. That is a good price.

do share

1 hour ago, Mstor said:

Yes, that is a very good price. I paid $59.90 USD after shipping costs at Hobbyeasy, so $56 CDN is definitely a good price. I would check the delivery times though. May be a long wait in store.

The auction says the seller is away until June 16.

1 hour ago, Mstor said:

Did you get a shipping notice from Hobbyeasy? I don’t think they have had stock yet. I ordered from them too.

i almost cancelled my order to order from Lucky Models, they have a 20% off coupon at the moment, I wish I did as they had 10 kits in stock.

6 hours ago, Scooby said:

Did you get a shipping notice from Hobbyeasy? I don’t think they have had stock yet. I ordered from them too.

i almost cancelled my order to order from Lucky Models, they have a 20% off coupon at the moment, I wish I did as they had 10 kits in stock.

Hobbyeasy still shows 6/5 as the date they will get the kits, so no, no shipment yet. I noticed the 20% coupon (got a couple kits pretty cheap) but they were out of the Voodoos when I looked (didn't even know they had them early till saw the post here).

6 hours ago, Scooby said:

Wow, 21-45 days shipping, plus the seller is away till June 16. I guess if your not in a hurry its OK and it is a good price. I personally don't like waiting that long. Too many things can happen to a package in that amount of time. With Hobbyeasy and Lucky Model, their cheap air shipping is usually a couple of weeks max to the US.

4 hours ago, Mstor said:

Wow, 21-45 days shipping, plus the seller is away till June 16. I guess if your not in a hurry its OK and it is a good price. I personally don't like waiting that long. Too many things can happen to a package in that amount of time. With Hobbyeasy and Lucky Model, their cheap air shipping is usually a couple of weeks max to the US.

Yeah I have bought from this seller before and always got the stuff. Yes it takes longer but I have lots of kits to build and I can wait for a good price.

18 hours ago, ReccePhreak said:

I didn't notice that, until you pointed it out. Looked over all the F-101A/C, RF-101C and F-101B photos I have, and can see the difference. It's even correctly represented in the drawings in the Detail & Scale book. 

Well, that saves me from wasting my money on another fouled up Kitty Hawk kit. :soapbox:

Too bad "Bondo Phil" Brandt is no longer with us. He would be able to succinctly describe many of the products coming from Kitty Hawk, Hobby Boss and the like. :whistle:

Larry

Yeah, they probably didn't want to spend the $$$ to tool correct wing parts to replace the B wings. If/when they release the F2H-3 Banshee, I wouldn't be surprised if they recycled the -2's screwed-up wings for the same reason. If they had been smart, they would have made the forward parts of the F-101's intakes separate, instead of copying the Monogram wings, so the appropriate versions could be used. I'll probably still get the RF and fix the intakes myself, but the problems with the fighter version are such that I'm better off with my C&H conversion. 

Bondo definitely had a way with words!   😆

Ben

17 hours ago, HomeBe said:

Have ordered from them, on 28-29 May. Will post when the stuff arives (China to land-of-UK)

17 hours ago, KursadA said:

For anyone who missed the two ANG F-101B sheets from Caracal both of them (CD48010 and CD48058) will be reprinted and re-released in August. 

Any chance of a reprint of 48013, the Hawaii Deuce sheet? Been looking for that for two years.

Bought the Texans/Minnesota Voodoo sheet 48058 last time around - a really spectacular piece of work. Might need a second to have enough logos and stencilling for two Bs.

Tony

My brace of Bravos arrived this lunchtime; twelve-thirteen days from China. £19.80 + £12 postage each.

Looks great. The canopy bow shape is not perfect but the rotating weapons bay door is a notch up from the 1985 Monogram tooling, and the jet nozzle parts look better too. Curiously the RF-101B option retains the rotating bay (I thought it was replaced with a camera bay?)

Nice decals, including cockpit instruments. Glad I bought two. Nice job Kittyhawk.

Up for a brace of recce C models as soon as they're available.

Tony

Edited by tony.t
correction
1 hour ago, tony.t said:

My brace of Bravos arrived this lunchtime; twelve-thirteen days from China. £19.80 + £12 postage each.

Looks great. The canopy bow shape is not perfect but the rotating weapons bay door is a notch up from the 1985 Monogram tooling, and the jet nozzle parts look better too. Curiously the RF-101B option retains the rotating bay (I thought it was replaced with a camera bay?) and the tail tip light, part E16, is moulded separately in grey instead of on the clear sprue, but hey ho.

Nice decals, including cockpit instruments. Glad I bought two. Nice job Kittyhawk.

Up for a brace of recce C models as soon as they're available.

Tony

Are trh cockpit and side consoles raised details? The first Voodoo was criticized for being flat pieces with no detail.

Can you post images of the sprues?

1 hour ago, Scooby said:

Are trh cockpit and side consoles raised details? The first Voodoo was criticized for being flat pieces with no detail.

Ugh..   if it’s just flat PE and decals, I’m out until decent AM comes along (if it ever does).  

1 hour ago, Scooby said:

The instrument panels are etch with a decal overlay. Frankly, I'm perfectly happy with this in 1/48. It gives a similar effect to pre-painted Eduard etch. 

Didn't notice the first time I looked, but there's an extra tiny clear sprue with the fin tip light (part 10, so don't use E16 for that) and the cover for ID light.

I no longer have the facility to take and post images. You get what was posted by Kitty Hawk in those Facebook images. The cradle interior has big ejector pin marks that will need cleaning up but the rotating pallet is a work of art. 

Tony

7 hours ago, Finn said:

The instructions are up:

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10534092

they have AIM-4D which is correct, but they also included the AIM-4F/G which wasn't used.

Jari

They also show the RF-101B carrying Falcon missiles. Wonder what they were smoking when they thought up that lunacy?

Larry

If I am reading the instructions right, one is supposed to install the main landing gear before gluing the wing halves together. That's a first in model construction for me. Hope there is a way around that.

2 hours ago, Mstor said:

If I am reading the instructions right, one is supposed to install the main landing gear before gluing the wing halves together. That's a first in model construction for me. Hope there is a way around that.

This is a new feature of some manufacturers, you will see the same on the Academy F-4C/D/B/J/S kits and others. 

3 minutes ago, Niels said:

This is a new feature of some manufacturers, you will see the same on the Academy F-4C/D/B/J/S kits and others. 

Bad idea in my book. Just asking for the gear to get broken off or damaged during the rest of the build and painting. Oh well...