Profiline, 1/48, TH-55 Osage

Several years ago Profiline showed a CAD of the parts layout for a 1/48 Hughes TH-55 Osage they were going to produce. Since the Scale Rotors website doesn't seem to be active anymore, does anyone know how far they got on producing the model ? Since they had the CAD parts layout did they have the molds ? Lastly does anyone know them well enough to talk to them about it and maybe they would be willing to sell what they had.

Just my wish to see this come to reality.

I last emailed Stepan around 2011. IIRC he sold the molds for 500's and went the armor route. Profiline website has long expired. The emailed was tied with the website name. I would search thru here for the Profiline thread and try to pm him on here.

• 1 month later...

Did anything ever come of this? I'd sure like to build one of these birds in 1/48 (or 1/32) scale for a guy I know who flew them during training at Fort Wolters.

I have one of the Special Hobby TH-55 kits in 1/72 but it scares me just looking at it. I am not sure if I'm ready to attempt to build it! :crying2:

-Derek

If you think the Special Hobby kit is a challenge, check out the 1/125th scale model of the Hughes 269 that comes in Revell's kit of Jacques Cousteau's famous vessel, "Calypso"! It is a very rudimentary kit but it could be turned into a nice little model of the 269 if some of the parts were replaced with plastic rod and a little extra detail added here and there. If you were really dedicated, it could be converted into a TH-55 Osage! :thumbsup:

LD.

[Well, Chief. The TH-55 was one of the best primary training helicopters ever used. I enjoyed my time flying it. This coming from USAF helicopter pilot trained by the Army. And yes, I will admit, I an an "old guy".