Whither new Airfix 1/48 kits?

I guess I will answer my own question. I pinged a well-known retailer, who replied, "No supply in the U.S." I don't know if that's sad or pathetic.

My LHS said the same thing - they really want to carry more of them, but are having a heck of a time actually getting the kits from the distributors.

Take a look here.

http://www.airfix.com/us-en/

I ordered both the Defiant (at about $24.00) and the Meteor here. It takes a while to arrive, but then shipping is very cheap ($4.00). My understanding is that they get shipped to Seattle and then mailed out from there. Again, it takes time, I pre-ordered mine prior to release, so it did take a couple of months. I don't know how the timing will work out for a kits that's already released.

(edit) Just checked and it looks like the Defiant is out of stock, but it may be worth checking from time to time. I do see now, though, that the price has gone up to $29.99... <_<

Edited by DonSS3

I was re-reading a lot of kit previews/in-box reviews at Modeling Madness last week and a lot of the reviews for newer Airfix kits mention supply issues to the US. Here in NZ we don't seem to get the kits until 4-6mth after release, and the online retailer I normally use has a lot of them (eg 1/48 Spit I) as "In stock with supplier" rather than in their own warehouse.

I want me a BE.2, dammit!

I have a pair of the 1/48 scale Defiants left, $25.00 a pop plus postage! Ping me if your interested... BTW: People are asking big bux on ebay, but I don't see any selling for that so far...

Quickest way to get in touch with me is email... thestohrs@aol.com

Edited by StevenatorLTFO