Looking for an easy colour scheme for my ME262

What about the Rudolf Sinner bird? Should be an easy enough and striking scheme.

http://luftwaffeinprofile.se/Rudolf%20Sinner%20262a.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-O2blT-tQt9w/UcbEnB9U4_I/AAAAAAAALdM/_VzbsckcxOI/s1600/sinnerfront.jpg

JV 44 also had an all green Me262, 'White 5'

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/6d/2a/2a/6d2a2a84cbd2f3cebb63370d23fd245a.jpg

Edited by Parabat

Thanks for those. Sinners aircraft could be ideal but after a bit of a search I can't tell if the camouflage pattern is hard edged. In some photos it looks like it is but in anothers I'm not so sure.

As for White 5 again that's a possible candidate but it looks patchy in some photo's?

Parabat! Just looking at the instructions now and I forgot Sinners aircraft is actually one of the colour schemes on there BUT ...... it's a bit different to the one you posted. It looked almost the same as the profile you posted at first but after much scrutiny the camouflage is the same colour but it's actually pointing in the other direction and the tail has that patchy airbrushed look.

You're a hard man to please. If you went for the Sinner 'barber pole' jet, you could use a ponge to achieve the limited tail mottle. If you went for the Nowotny 'White 8' you could do hard edged spots on the tail as it was a stencil, so hard edged. You may struggle to get the soft edges of the main camo though. If you're using spray cans you could mask using Blu-Tac or Silly Putty and get the soft feather edges.

Or go with one of the Me-262's captured at the end of the war at the factory. Unpainted except hand painted primer on the panel joints.

Or purchase an airbrush.

Not a great deal of options out there.

You're a hard man to please. If you went for the Sinner 'barber pole' jet, you could use a ponge to achieve the limited tail mottle. If you went for the Nowotny 'White 8' you could do hard edged spots on the tail as it was a stencil, so hard edged. You may struggle to get the soft edges of the main camo though. If you're using spray cans you could mask using Blu-Tac or Silly Putty and get the soft feather edges.

I would hope I'm not hard to please. I'm just looking for a finish that can be painted by hand without the hassle of trying to get that convincing mottle effect that's on so many ME262's. I'm grateful for all the input.

The first Sinner colour scheme without the mottle tail is a nice scheme.

Or go with one of the Me-262's captured at the end of the war at the factory. Unpainted except hand painted primer on the panel joints.

Or purchase an airbrush.

Not a great deal of options out there.

That's the problem. I've got an airbrush (had it for about 30 years) but to be honest I hate all the mixing paint and cleaning etc so I've hardly used it. The only time I really use it is to do exhaust smoke stains etc as that's only 2 colours mixed. The captured ones is another interesting idea.

That's the problem. I've got an airbrush (had it for about 30 years) but to be honest I hate all the mixing paint and cleaning etc so I've hardly used it. The only time I really use it is to do exhaust smoke stains etc as that's only 2 colours mixed. The captured ones is another interesting idea.

You're missing out. An airbrush is definitely more work but it's a great feeling of satisfaction when you nail a WW2 German scheme (one of the hardest to replicate in my opinion). Plus, I'm really horrible at hand-painting anything besides detail parts and cockpits. Can never get the brush strokes to go away.

To each his own. Best of luck on this project!