Hey Vince the looks real nice. Just saw the picture of this Herc yesterday and guys were already asking for decals. Nice to see yours coming.

To save costs in 1/48 maybe you can provide a template in stead of full decals? Would look okay to mask and paint. I only have one kit in 1/48 and not sure now what scheme to do. I did have it earmarked for RCAF but this one sure looks different.

Looks great to me!!! Do you have complete refs? I shot it air-air back in 2008 and took very detailed walkaround pics of it. There was an Ohio-shaped paint stencil behind the crew entry door that I don't see on the sheet or the profile, plus the standard WRAFB paint stencil on the right side. Do you have pics of those?

Let me know if I can help. I'd love this in 1/48th.

Jake

Looks great to me!!! Do you have complete refs? I shot it air-air back in 2008 and took very detailed walkaround pics of it. There was an Ohio-shaped paint stencil behind the crew entry door that I don't see on the sheet or the profile, plus the standard WRAFB paint stencil on the right side. Do you have pics of those?

Let me know if I can help. I'd love this in 1/48th.

Jake

The Ohio shaped stencil is on the sheet next to the armament block. Its hard to see because of the color of the background in the jpeg. I could use the WRAFB logo reference ,I can quickly add it to the sheet.

The Ohio shaped stencil is on the sheet next to the armament block. Its hard to see because of the color of the background in the jpeg. I could use the WRAFB logo reference ,I can quickly add it to the sheet.

shoot me an e-mail and I'll get it to you.

Ok, here's what I think we're going to try to do: put all 3 scales onto 1 sheet: 48, 72 and 144, and include maybe 2-3 more aircraft on it, as well. No invasion stripe decals for 48 or 72, though. They're big enough to paint in those scales. We'll have to evaluate 144 to see if it makes sense there. I'm honestly thinking it'll be either 2 standard 4.75" x 7.75" sheets, or it'll be an 8" x 10" with an insert.

Price is anyone's guess at this point, but we'll try to keep it as low as we can.

We have some other C-130's in work, as well.

Here's a few little details that not many people notice that was on that aircraft. On the front of one prop of each spinner, there is a USAF logo.

detail_1.jpg

detail_2.jpg

And on the back of that prop, was either the state of Ohio or top view of a 130. Sorry, can't remember which was on what prop.

detail_3.jpg

detail_4.jpg

There was also the no# 4 in the lower knee window on both sides. Note one side it's in the forward window and the other it's in the rear window.

detail_5.jpg

detail_6.jpg

Also the intake under the spinner is bare metal.

Steven L :wave:

Edited by FAR148

Here's a few little details that not many people notice that was on that aircraft. On the front of one prop of each spinner, there is a USAF logo.

detail_1.jpg

detail_2.jpg

And on the back of that prop, was either the state of Ohio or top view of a 130. Sorry, can't remember which was on what prop.

detail_3.jpg

detail_4.jpg

There was also the no# 4 in the lower knee window on both sides. Note one side it's in the forward window and the other it's in the rear window.

detail_5.jpg

detail_6.jpg

Also the intake under the spinner is bare metal.

Steven L :wave:/>

What year are those pictures from? That's the Rubber Bowl behind it in the landing shot. I grew up 5 minutes from there and they had some absolute killer air shows at that airport for a few years. But that was probably late 90s early 00s.

Dang, nice eye there Kris, I didn't even notice that! I was in that stadium quite often when I was a student at the U of A!

I guarantee I've been there more! Grew up going to Akron Football games. Was a cheap good time I was sad when they built the new overpriced empty stadium.