1960's Eglin AFB Aircraft Demonstration Footage

Hey all,

Found this old video from the early 1960's taken at Eglin AFB during an aircraft flying and firing demonstration. Pretty cool stuff being flown and demonstrated, F-84's, F-86's, F-100's and other Century Series aircraft, B-36...actually dropping bombs, B-52's, even a toss bombing demonstration for a simulated atomic bomb drop. All kinds of stuff.

Thought I'd share it for those interested.

:cheers:/>

Hey all,

Found this old video from the early 1960's taken at Eglin AFB during an aircraft flying and firing demonstration. Pretty cool stuff being flown and demonstrated, F-84's, F-86's, F-100's and other Century Series aircraft, B-36...actually dropping bombs, B-52's, even a toss bombing demonstration for a simulated atomic bomb drop. All kinds of stuff.

Thought I'd share it for those interested.

:cheers:/>/>

Excellent film, Don . . . Great to see the Century series airplanes. Reminds me of the 1960's air shows at the 20th. TFW's home at Wethersfield ( Though not quite so many pyrotechnics ! )

Thanks for sharing with us. :cheers:

I was looking for F-101 Voodoo videos (rare as hens teeth it seems) when I stumbled upon the linked video. What an amazing experience it must have been to see such an airshow/air demonstration. The footage in the link was well before my time but wow...that must have been something to witness. No way we would see this type of display open to the public today.

Glad you liked it!

:cheers: