1/48 RAF Phantom

Hi.

I couldnt find an intro section so thought the next best thing would be to post a completed model and get some feedback.

Its the Revell reboxing that Im sure you all know of and I built it to get back into modelling and play with one of those new fangled airbrush things.

Its OOB with Eduard cockpit and belts PE.

Ladders and RBF bits are ongoing to make it part of a diorama showing the 2 Squadron change over day onto the Jaguar. But heres the model itself for now.

P1020350.jpg

P1020353.jpg

P1020356.jpg

P1020359.jpg

P1020360.jpg

P1020362.jpg

Its not without its flaws, one glaring one given the diorama and date that its supposed to represent.

Thoughts are always appreciated.

Oh, and Hi!

Thanks.

Its a bit "brighter" in the photos than in the flesh - thats me with a poor camera and skills I think (hope).

Washes are a new thing for me, I have experimented on some WIP builds and a Starfighter that Ive finished and I think youre right. I may come back to it one day and have a go.

Thanks.

Its a bit "brighter" in the photos than in the flesh - thats me with a poor camera and skills I think (hope).

Washes are a new thing for me, I have experimented on some WIP builds and a Starfighter that Ive finished and I think youre right. I may come back to it one day and have a go.

I thought it may have been the flash, it honestly looks great. I love the interior, the ejection seats look great.

My cousin worked Phantoms in the RAF, I did the same job in the CAF but on Hornets,

Looks good to me!! But a Phantom always does to me!!! Nice build, and look forward to seeing more in the future!

Brandon

Thanks, Brandon.

Theres another one almost complete - its a Royal Navy affair with a pair of "shouldnt be on it" Exocets, just because they look good. :)

The idea with the Phantoms is to have at least one each of the UKs F, G and R versions with relevant stuff hanging off them and an assortment of colour schemes. Same goes for Jags and 104s, but will take me a while!

Very kind of you guys, thank you very much.

I was a little hesitant to post in here, but looks like Im doing something right even without washes.

I really must paint up the access ladders and get the accompanying Jaguar sorted for staging something along the lines of this:

1976_04_01_first_Jaguar_with_Phantom_2Sqn.JPG

Ive finally got the Jag decals for the correct aircraft (XZ101 (S)) Just need to scratch build a Jag ladder as theyre nowhere to be found anymore, sadly.

(Image from Google.)