How do you keep from dipping into the savings fund?

I was gluing coins together for nose weight and thought to myself, how about putting money and other valuables where no one suspects and is never allowed to touch, including yourself (most of the time), and no thief would bother stealing? Like that hollow space of a hermetically sealed piece of styrene sculpture you call a model.

You could also stash spare keys, data backups, time capsule messages to your future self, bitter sweet memories of all your ex'es, etc,etc.

28223802675_50ac7ab33f.jpgimage by Jesse Flauta, on Flickr

Think about it the next time you build a 1/48 B-1B Lancer, how much more meaningful all that space it takes up can save your life in the form of potable water and emergency rations for at least a few days.

If there's a flood fire or tornado coming, you can legitimately say to your wife, "Honey, grab the kids, the dog, and my models!!"

Probably just a figment of my ancient imagination, but I think that is why God invented banks. Maybe a peanut butter jar buried in the backyard. :monkeydance:/>

Darwin

Edited by yardbird78

Call me a nit-picker, but...if you needed to access the cash/gold ingots/emergency rations, you would have to trash the exquisite model would you not?!

Thanks, but I'm not really hungry -I had a spoonful of sawdust two weeks ago...

• 7 months later...

I used to hide wads of cash inside my Tamiya 1/35 tank models because my ex-wife would always ransack my wallet when I wasn't looking, if she only knew there was about $800 cash in those 6 tanks...lol!