1/6 Akemi Homura figure WIP critique wanted

This is like the 3rd time I tried sculpting this figure from scratch. She's made of mostly apoxie sculpt and twisted copper wire for an armature. The guns are from 12" soldier action figures. Eyes are decals printed off a copy of another figure of the same character. Something isn't quite right, like it's too stiff. I've maxed out my applicable knowledge of anatomy and clothed figure modeling. I'm struggling with the paint-as-you-build order of things since I'm making it up as I go, in order to avoid tedious masking of impossibly hard to reach places like under the skirt and hair. I had to stop near the end of March because I got frustrated with making up the hair to look right. It's loosely based off this illustration I found on deviantart.

Comments/critiques/advice welcomed.

27949351040_cb8bce7da5_h.jpgimage by Jesse Flauta, on Flickr

27949382710_4ac02bac3d_h.jpgimage by Jesse Flauta, on Flickr

27949408310_59dc54eab6_h.jpgimage by Jesse Flauta, on Flickr

I can't access the reference photo at this time at work but I think the sculpting is very good. I actually like the hair as-is. It gives the figure a lot of motion. Good job on that. I'd say the only minor critique I could give would be the legs may look a little too "bow legged". It's hard to tell from the angle of the photos, but her left leg looks like it sort of bends outward and forward a little un-naturally. Granted it's definitely not a huge flaw ruining the piece. Just a minor thing that stands out to me. Great job!

:thumbsup:

Bill

I can't access the reference photo at this time at work but I think the sculpting is very good. I actually like the hair as-is. It gives the figure a lot of motion. Good job on that. I'd say the only minor critique I could give would be the legs may look a little too "bow legged". It's hard to tell from the angle of the photos, but her left leg looks like it sort of bends outward and forward a little un-naturally. Granted it's definitely not a huge flaw ruining the piece. Just a minor thing that stands out to me. Great job!

:thumbsup:/>

Bill

I noticed her left leg also, her food doesn't seem to be in alignment with her knee, looks kind of painful... Her over-all proportions are nice, not big-headed or otherwise awkward looking. Nice job!

:thumbsup:/>

Bill

Yeah that part kinda bugged me too, and it looks really good from the inspiration source too! I didn't anticipate it to look off from other angles. Also I've been studying the back of the knees of other sculptures lately since I've been doing them a little off. If I were to redo this piece I'd stagger the stepping height difference more and add more torso twist and contraposto.