Hobbyboss 1:48 su-27

Is it really worth trashing the Academy's and concentrate on this one? What are major breakthroughs here that are absent in the Academy?

In short, the nose, the canopy, the length (Academy famously made their Su-27 too short).

In short, the nose, the canopy, the length (Academy famously made their Su-27 too short).

I would also include the fit.. HB fits much better than academy one.

I still have 2 work in progress academy ones with aftermarket stuff which I am planning to finish. However, if I haven't started building them, I would have definitely sold them...

Edited by foxmulder_ms

I still have 2 work in progress academy ones with aftermarket stuff which I am planning to finish. However, if I haven't started building them, I would have definitely sold them...

Same here; ever since the new Hobby Boss kit was released, I quit building my Academy Flanker B, for which I got a whole plethora of aftermarkets that I might as well sold.

I even got the Fairy-Hobby canopy correction set for it... :rolleyes:

No kidding. Agree 1000%. I know why the companies do it. Simple reason is that they want to get the detail on the threads and the side wall. Other companies seem to have figured out how to do this with injection plastic. I would take a little less detail on the tires if I did not have to deal with the rubber. Ever try to sand a flat spot on the rubber tires :rofl:/>/> :rofl:/>/>

Try this...

Flatten a rubber tire

it might help.

very nice... I already have the Academy kit in my stash and I think that with a replacement nose cone it's still quite good, but this kit seems much better detailed and the radome looks correctly lengthed/shaped.

Edited by Alpagueur