F-14D Bombcat - Mounting the rear stations or not?

I´m doing a F-14D Bombcat (1/72 Academy kit), and I plan to load it with a GBU-10 and a JDAM on the front stations. Do I need to mount the rear stations as well, or would they have been left away when flying such a loadout?

HAJO

As always check reference photos if you are building a particular bird on a particular mission, but for front load only, no, the aft pallets weren't normally loaded. The only Tomcats I know for sure were ever used as quad bombers anyway were As because they were about a thousand pounds lighter, so they had more margin for MLW.

Carriage of a GBU-31(V)2 (Mk 84 JDAM) next to a GBU-10 (Mk 84 LGB) wasn't authorized. However, you could carry a GBU-16 (Mk 83 LGB) next to the JDAM.

I always thought it was the GBU-24 it wasn't authorized with due to issues with the fin clearances.

I always thought it was the GBU-24 it wasn't authorized with due to issues with the fin clearances.

They couldn't be carried in tandem because of clearance issues, but they could be staggered, 1 in the front on one side, one in the rear on the other. I could be mistaken, but I believe VF-41 were the only squadron to carry that loadout during their time in Kosovo in 1999.

Rear pallets are a bit of a toss-up. Put them on or leave them off at your leisure, armed or no.

Edited by Skull Leader