Seriously, Kitty Hawk?

Yeah their artist does not know how to draw a sun :rofl:/>

Too bad since I love that scheme since it has so much history. Hope we get some aftermarket down the road.

Edited by skyhawk174

I bet someone will produce decals for this kit, especially since most people buying the kit will no doubt want more accurate markings so whomever does the AM decals will have a fair number of buyers.

Interesting kit...one I will keep my eye on.

:cheers:

Here's a bit of trivia. The squadron badge with the bird and the club is actually a copy of a US Navy reserve squadron from the 50's. VF-884 Bitter Birds flew out of NAS Olathe, KS. When they were called up for the Korean War, they were extremely unhappy about it (hence the "bitter birds"). The bird is actually a Jayhawk that the University of Kansas uses. VF-884 became a regular Navy squadron and was redesignated VF-144. They were then redesignated VA-52 and became the Knights. They were disestablished in 1995 flying A-6E Intruders. The only reason I know all this was that I was a member of the Old Olathe Naval Air Museum and did research on the squadrons that had been assigned to NAS Olathe.

They did it months ago.

Vedran

The milimeter brigade

Ok thanks. For some reason I thought it was a different version. Was going to order that kit anyway, well when our supposed postal strike is over for sure.

I have the Kinetic kit and it's a great little kit with plenty of options all printed by cartograph

Agree and the decals are a far better rendition.

Great kit to very typical of the new Kinetic.

So nice I grabbed a second and that good I doubt AMK could be a great deal better even based off the Mig-31 of which I have several.

Hmmm...between this thread and the video thread of the last SE's up in the general discussion topics I have an interest in acquiring a 1/48 SE kit :D.

...off to check the reviews.

:cheers:

Here's a bit of trivia. The squadron badge with the bird and the club is actually a copy of a US Navy reserve squadron from the 50's. VF-884 Bitter Birds flew out of NAS Olathe, KS. When they were called up for the Korean War, they were extremely unhappy about it (hence the "bitter birds"). The bird is actually a Jayhawk that the University of Kansas uses. VF-884 became a regular Navy squadron and was redesignated VF-144. They were then redesignated VA-52 and became the Knights. They were disestablished in 1995 flying A-6E Intruders. The only reason I know all this was that I was a member of the Old Olathe Naval Air Museum and did research on the squadrons that had been assigned to NAS Olathe.

Hey, neat to know that! Especially since I went to school near Jayhawk land in the 80's....

Too bad since I love that scheme since it has so much history.

Indeed! There's yet to be a country that operates SuEs, which planes were so gloriously famous as the Argentine ones. Perhaps this is the reason why the Kitty Hawk artist included a French roundel on the Argentinean Navy version? :whistle:

Oh, and you may as well forget to use that colour hue of grey on the Argentinean camouflage too...

The squadron badge with the bird and the club is actually a copy of a US Navy reserve squadron from the 50's. The bird is actually a Jayhawk that the University of Kansas uses.

Any Argentinean fighter jock will tell you that the bird on the emblem of the 2nd Squad of the COAN is not a Jayhawk but an Eaglet.

Does that mean you're not using the Tiger Meet decals in your kit? whistle.gif

that's indeed the only interest i have in the kittyHawk SuE. maybe i should buy the Kinetic one and try to trade my Argentinian markings for the KH tigermeet ones.(after seeing those provided, no doubt i'll find someone)

...but maybe i'll go the AfterMarket decals route... and try to source those Tigermeet decals elsewhere...

Darren,

Thanks for the Intel. Needless to say, they got the Jayhawk about as correct as they got the Sun, so there's hope. (Not) What's the mood on the football team. Are we going 0-11 again, or will we pull off a win.

Is George's Hobby House still open? That shop was the first hobby store visited on a regular basis. I loved that place.

Rock Chalk, Jayhawk

Chris, KU 92