Hello guys.HEre is my latest.The new trumepter mig-29 9.12.I built it for a friend.It took me only 5 days with 4-5 hours a day to finish it.Some scratchbuilt details ware added in the cockpit.The pittotube is made out of a needle.The rest is oob.Paints used are akan.The decals came from the spares box.

Enjoy the photos

Ir7zWKk.jpg

rSs19dV.jpg

GHU3gdR.jpg

cp7BYuB.jpg

XpMXeVU.jpg

@Pollie this is probably the best kit I have ever worked on.It assembles without any problems.Really nice and precise.

Thanks Dragan. Now I have to buy one. Or two :woot.gif: :woot.gif:

I have it, and the new Zvezda MiG-29 9-13, and it is indeed a very nice kit! One or two small differences between the kit outlines so they both can be side by side without looking like distant members of the Fulcrum family. One should replace the decals on the Trumpeter kit although the full stencil compliment is very nice!

Here is the Trumpeter (lower) versus the Zvezda nose (higher):

Zvezda7278Trumpeter%2Bnoses.JPG

Here is the opposite. The Zvezda lower fuselage on the Trumpeter upper fuselage:

Zvezda7278xDetails02.JPG

The Trumpeter lower fuselage on the Zvezda upper fuselage is an almost perfect match in outline:

Zvezda7278xDetails01.JPG

Trumpeter's upper fuselage on Zvezda's lower fuselage (I didn't realize it slipped a little):

Zvezda7278xDetails3.JPG

Zvezda's upper fuselage on Trumpeter's lower fuselage:

Zvezda7278xDetails04.JPG

The biggest difference was on the vertical rear edge of the fin below the rudders.

Regards,

Edited by sharkmouth

Well both kits are great but the trumpeter one has much more details.ANd the zvezda is 9.13 and mine is a 9.12.I haven`t had a chance to get and wokr on the new trump 9.13 but I think apart the accuracy wich I am not familiar with it It has better details like panel lines and rivets.The zvezda panels are almost non existant.I have no idea why zvezda does this to its kits but one has to deepen the panels so they could be washed after painting and varnishing.

Well both kits are great but the trumpeter one has much more details.ANd the zvezda is 9.13 and mine is a 9.12.

Agreed! I posted this since there are some which haven't seen a Trumpeter kit they like and think Zvezda is the way to go. Your finished model shows the great detail and (hopefully) the comparison of the unpainted kit parts show that the Trumpeter kit is excellent. Trumpeter included the tow bar (excellent touch) and Zvezda the intake, exhaust covers, wheel chocks, and crew. I am happy to have both since both the 9.12 and 9.13 have sharkmouth schemes!

Regards,

Well I got the zvezda one but would not refuse this one as well.The one thing with the 9.12 that trumepter made a mistake is the arrmament and the fuel tanks.The big fueltanks that go under the wings can`t be flown on the 9.12.They can be mounted and used only on 9.13 and later versions.The arrmament of 2x r-27 2x r73 and 2x r60 is also unreal expect for ground posing and taking pictures.The SUV or the fire control computer can not recognize that configuration.So one can get both zvezda and trumpeter and mix it a little bit :D