Anthing published on Deset Storm F-14 units?

I remember meeting Dale "Snort" Snodgrass. For a number of years, he was the F-14 east coast demo pilot, would fly at air shows. I've seen this man fly at dozens and dozens of air shows. He flew in ODS as the CO of VF-33, if I remember right. I remember he was telling us about one mission, a fighter sweep for some attack jets. They were dodging SAMs, and in the process, he lost one engine due to compressor stall. At that time, all the jets flying in Iraqi air space had two engines....F-14, F-15, A-6.....and here he was, with one good engine. He was worried about going to afterburner on that one engine, because there were enemy MiGs in the area and anything with only one engine was a target. They were finally able to get up enough speed to restart the second engine and get out of there.

In the link posted above, you will find Dale's squadron. VF-33 Starfighters. 201 would have been "his" plane, as 200 was the CAG aircraft. No flashy color schemes, all the jets at that time looked basically the same. Most other Tomcat squadrons at that time did have more color in their markings.

Unrelated to Desert Storm, but I ran into Snort again at an air show near New Orleans a few years back. He was flying the F-86 at that show. The man is a master in the cockpit. He's easily the most impressive pilot ever to come out of the Tomcat community, and flat out the nicest guy to talk to about airplanes.