Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Trojan Thunder

Airfix E-8C JSTARS

Recommended Posts

I am VERY impressed with all of the detail that you are adding and correcting on this build.

 

Darwin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ray, my brother, just beautiful work there!   I am truly envious of your skills, your time to devote to your kits, and your stash!  The PE definitely lends itself to the kit, the extra detail is exquisite.  Keep up the grand work.  We are all watching, (me with envy!) R/ Dutch    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I failed to finish this one, it sits next to the bench while I get the mojo back to finish it. I will continue to update this thread when I do more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ray, Take heart!  My son (your nephew?) and I just dusted off his Monogram 1/48 B-17G model after ~16 years and are almost complete.  Not perfect, but he's happy with the results so far.  R/ Dutch

Edited by Dutch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm, 8 months on the side table of doom, not bad!

 

As in my usual manner, I see someone building the same type as me (different scale in this case) on the forum I decided to drag mine off the side table of doom (no room on the shelves at the moment) and see where it is at.

As I recalled I had to confirm some nose antenna placements and stopped there.

 

Out came the kit and the PE and I decided to finish installed the antennas. I pretty much sorted out the positions of the antennas and fitted them. Then I realised why I had stopped, the PE antennas in the conversion set are too big, they almost look 1/48 rather than 1/72. I could live with it along the fuselage but they looked far too out of place below the radome. 

34877696483_0c93329ce1_b.jpg

 

So there placement under the nose was short lived and I replaced them with smaller plastic replacements. They need some cleanup and final shaping after the glue sets.

35299567830_16040a4bfd_b.jpg

 

This meant I could use the oversized ones elsewhere. The conversion set is lacking a few extra antennas that have been fitted since it was released.

34877695523_e73c54b778_b.jpg

 

I also added some more plastic replacement on the lower rear fuselage since I found it easier to make replacements out of strip and fit them.

35517897442_4bf4f433e3_b.jpg

 

I also carved ou the lower surround of the front port door and added a PE part, hinges and door handle have to be installed as well to this and rear port door in due course.

35517897142_cc10432446_b.jpg

 

Looks like the area needs a tidy up as well.

Edited by Trojan Thunder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...