Anyone here building the new AMK Mig 31 yet?

Hi everyone,

Based on the strength of the only two reviews I could find online I bought one of these to give as an award for an upcoming model building contest. I was hoping someone could tell me whether I've made a decent choice, or let me know if it is less than the hype.

Thanks!

Gaz

Edited by GazzaS

I've just reviewed it on my blog. It looks absolutely incredible. Of course the real test will be in the fit, but the builds I've seen are promising. I'll be starting mine when I return from vacation next week for a Model Aircraft mag feature. I'll try to blog some of it here.

I think the kit is well worth the investment.

Gentlemen,

Thank you for your replies and build efforts. It truly is one of the best made kits I've ever seen. This will make a great award. I just wish I had awarded myself, too. But, alas in compromise with the missus, I need to reduce the stash before I buy more.

Thanks again,

Gaz

Glad you all like the kit. I think it’s a great prize to give away but you’re doing yourself out of a nice model :)/>

To be honest, I'm more of a WWII guy. But I am so massively impressed by what I've seen in close up photos and the words of those few who've posted them, that I'll most likely buy one eventually.

Gaz