TU-22 Blinder wheel sets

I'll tread carefully because of my personal bias here, but...

The Mastercasters wheels appear to be simple copies of the Esci kit parts - which are very wrong - with a flat spot added. If you're building the Modelsvit kit, you would be better off using the kit wheels (which aren't great, but are less wrong) than the Mastercasters ones.

The Equipage wheels are long OOP. You might be able to find a set on eBay, but they're pretty rare, so Barracuda and Armory would be far more sensible options. Also: I'm not sure how well the tire material would hold up.

I can't do a comparison for you ('cos I only purchased one set) - but I used the Armory wheels on my Blinder.....

tu-22_20.jpg

Here are the kit wheels to compare - perfectly adequate if needed.

tu-22_21.jpg

I used the Equipage set on my Tu-22M2.....

model_019.jpg

..... although I dislike rubber tires, they were the only ones available at the time.

wheels_02.jpg

Ken

I have the BarracudaCast wheel set. I haven't personally seen the Armory set but rather the images of the wheel set in Flankerman's build. I decided to upload a couple of images to Photobucket from a TU-22 walkaround so ya'll can see for yourself. I think BarracudaCast is superior. Note that the hub detail in the BarracudaCast set appears far more accurate.

Neither set has see-thru hub detail in the nose gear rims. I'm pretty sure the only way to do this would be to cast separate rims and tires. A few minutes with a micro drill will open this up nicely in the BarracudaCast wheels. The depth of the hub detail in the BarracudaCast main wheels is convincing.

BarracudaCast's Blinder exhaust and afterburner set is gorgeous by the way.

Nose gear.

Tu_22_Monino_13_zpsifcxbapr.jpg

Main gear.

Tu_22_Monino_27_zpsymcnen7l.jpg