1/48 all resin Tutor, Golden Centennials.

It was at Elmos house forever, then mine for years. Did not really want to build this one but I can not find anymore Hobby-craft ones. So build it I shall.

So we start, the resin kit does not come with control sticks. So, I use a couple from the spares box. I think they are from Hornets.

DSC_0296.jpg

The kit also calls for nose weight. Bend some metal from my kids old damaged symbols. And pennies, as we don't use them in Canada anymore.

The kit being resin will of course require some filler. Such as noted here.

DSC_0297_1.jpg

Figure its going to be one heck of a tail sitter even with the nose weight. So I drilled out the entire tail. Its depth is actually longer the half the engine, but if I leave it black it should work. Hopefully the weight was reduced enough.

DSC_0298.jpg

Lots of putty for the cockpit. Did not fit all that hot.

Not the hardest build, but I have to say I prefer the Hobby Craft kit. Easier to work with and you don't need to wear a respirator when sanding. The only add ons are the pitot tube. Kit had fewer then 20 parts so it sure did not take long to build.

DSC_0302_1.jpg

DSC_0301_1.jpg

Lovely.......always treat to see a tutor....the belcher kit is rare nowadays luckily I got one more in my stash......

I could not help to see Malaysian markings, would be nice to see you do a Malaysian Tebuan soon.....

Rgds

Mr b

Thanks guys.

As for paint and decals quickly. Beats me. Paint was dry, so decals went on. Was not planning on finishing till today but I had next to nothing requiring being done yesterday. I know some people say you need to wait a day or 7 before decals. I do not agree.

Starting up an all resin Belcher Bits Tutor, in Golden Centennials scheme. From Canada s 100th back in 1967.

Repeat after me; Cen---Tenn-----Aires

Nice to see the Belcher kit get a tiny bit of luv !

Cheers, Tony