Call to Glory tv series

So, what happened to these TV-series?

There is nothing available on DVD, I cannot find any torrents.

The tv-show showed history but it seems it was not a huge succes in the USA, was it?

I managed to get all seasons of Weird Science (tv-series), watching those made me laugh!

Far different then the misery Game of Thrones.

So, no one has any Call to Glory tv-episodes recorded?

On you tube there is almost nothing except for the intro.

Well, gonna watch Great planes again..

:shoot:/>

Edited by cag_200

If I remember right, Call To Glory ran for two seasons, maybe three. I had completely forgotten about it for some time.

I'd like to find the DVDs for "Major Dad", a comedy about a Marine that marries a reporter from the town outside the base.

I remember Call to Glory........loved it......Managed to see one episode on YouTube last year.....the one where they were flying U2 .....with the passing of one of his pilots which the families were close...great series....at least I liked it.....but you are right ....hard to see it reproduced anywhere

Rgds

It only ran one season for a total of 23 episodes, broken up between 1984-85. It was released on VHS in 1998 and shouldn't be that rare...well, within reason considering its VHS and they haven't been made in a longtime. Netflix had it on a couple years ago but I just took a look and couldn't find it there currently.

But, I did a quick Google search and it appears it is on DVD for $40, at least from here:

http://classicdvdworld.com/CALL-TO-GLORY-DVD-1984-COMPLETE-SERIES-DVD-SET_p_163.html

So, if you dig around I am sure it's to be had.

HTH

:cheers:

Monogram reboxed several of their 1/48th kits and a couple of the 1/72 with the box art showing the series logo and a picture of Craig T Nelson in a flight suit. Exact same plastic and decals at a higher price.

Kind of on topic...a little...anyone else remember the TV series "Supercarrier"?

I believe there are a couple episodes on YouTube...but don't get too excited...

:cheers:

Kind of on topic...a little...anyone else remember the TV series "Supercarrier"?

I believe there are a couple episodes on YouTube...but don't get too excited...

:cheers:/>

Yes! I loved this show as a kid in the late 80's. Very hokey by today's standards, but there was a ton of great aircraft footage.

Call to Glory played pretty fast and loose with 1960s history as they got Sarnac into some interesting situations (so is he a test pilot, an operational U-2 pilot, or doing work for the CIA?). But I did love the flying scenes when the filmed new ones as opposed to just using stock footage, even if they ended up using jets from the 1970s and 80s a few times (A-7 Corsair, F-4E and U-2R). As for DVDs, anything out there is likely going to be bootleg as it was never offered on a factory DVD set, at least in region 1.

I was an extra in the first episode. I was in pilot training at Laughlin AFB in 1983 when they filmed that. They used some of our instructors for the opening T-38 scene. Our section was on "early week" - so as some of us were done for the day - and we were asked if we'd like to be extras. It sounded like fun - so they took us over to a hangar, put U-2 patches on us and Craig Nelson did his lines from a big speech. And he was terrible... I don't know what his issue or problem was - but he couldn't get out a few lines without screwing it up - it was painful. We all knew his lines before he did. It dragged on and on and on. We just wanted to get the hell out of there - but were committed to it. Then there'd be some technical issue - or something. It literally dragged on for hours. In the show, that scene wound up being all of around 30 seconds worth of film. But it was an interesting experience. There was actual history there as the U-2 that was shot down over Cuba was launched from Laughlin - and there's one on static display there. A long time ago, I found a VHS tape of it on eBay - but nothing from the series.

Hitch

Thank you for this link but I have little faith in buying from it, seems a suspicious website to me. I am living in Europe so the region would be different VHS/DVD anyway.

Never seen this Supercarrier tv-serie only the docu's.

There never was a Topgun tv-serie, too bad.

As for woman tv-series there are plenty but not much fun watching these.

Again the VHS quality isn't great watching on today's standard SMART tv's.

Edited by cag_200