Tamiya 1:48 F-14 2.0

Nice job finishing it so quickly, that nose is pretty pointy though... :(/>

Hopefully it is just the aberration caused by the wide angle lens, but it does look too pointy in that photo.

Thank you for the positive comment and some feedback. these images does appear to make the nose section "pointy". But be assured Tamiya's release is accurate to the original manufacturer's and Navy specifications.

Edited by gtypecanare

Thank you for the positive comment and some feedback. this images does appear to make the nose section "pointy". But be assured Tamiya's release is accurate to the original manufacturer's and Navy specifications.

Word!

Edited by B.Sin

Thank you for the positive comment and some feedback. this images does appear to make the nose section "pointy". But be assured Tamiya's release is accurate to the original manufacturer's and Navy specifications.

Cool, good to know. Enjoy the show, I'm sure there'll be a lot of interest in the finished article.

Can't wait to see this build next week in Columbia. I'll take plenty of pics of it.

Really looks like a great kit! I've pre-ordered two already so I'm really looking forward to it's release.

Rob

Can't wait to see this build next week in Columbia. I'll take plenty of pics of it.

Really looks like a great kit! I've pre-ordered two already so I'm really looking forward to it's release.

Rob

Make sure to stop by my table and say hey!

I have one on pre-order and I am considering placing another on pre-order after seeing pictures of it here being built up. I think this kit could be one of Tamiya's biggest sellers in recent times based on the excitement and buzz surrounding it. I mean we've only waited how long for Tamiya to grace us with a 1/48 kit... :lol: .

:cheers:

Really Great Looking Build. Big T has a real winner here... I know this The Tamiya Booth will be my first stop at the Nats this year!!!! I made a pre-order already and as soon as this page closes I am making another...and maybe a third!!!!

I think the anti-glare shield is part of the reason the nose looks pointy. The nose cone hinge sits quite far behind the end of the anti-glare shield and when you look for that line, the nose looks find.

Great model. Nice to see a pristine build.