Tamiya 1:48 F-14 2.0

The closeups are looking good. No complaints whatsoever. Looks to be on par or even better than the Tamiya viper surfaces. Anyway you can take a few shots of the belly and the both cockpit sides?

that is not good enough, it should be at GWH F-15 or Kinetic Su-33 levels :rolleyes::taunt:

The closeups are looking good. No complaints whatsoever. Looks to be on par or even better than the Tamiya viper surfaces. Anyway you can take a few shots of the belly and the both cockpit sides?

4794BEE5-830E-431F-98F9-9B61FDC09CC6_zpsfoytyxyn.jpg

EB3CEFFF-3788-4B3B-94A8-AB3BF71DAF79_zpsobkwxjyz.jpg

75596912-83B1-4A83-BC81-F7FC5671D69A_zpswfp1793x.jpg

C9AF1BF7-CF37-4326-8717-251DD9418E81_zpsefujfyh1.jpg

B9FF9010-4D4F-4CB8-8C2C-B048EBAE0299_zps6hdvtio9.jpg

Edited by gtypecanare

Sorry this was taken by my phone.

Edited by gtypecanare

The images help a lot, what I am seeing is simply excellent. I will have to get one for sure. Although I would not be using the kit's markings, I have to say the decals also look awesome. No silvering. They look perfectly thin.

I'm stoked about this.

Edited by Janissary

that is not good enough, it should be at GWH F-15 or Kinetic Su-33 levels :rolleyes::taunt:

:) I have neither of the two, but if it's a point of reference, I have the GWH Mig-29 and I didn't find its panel lines to be crisp (narrow + sufficiently deep) enough. This Tomcat is looking really good in that department.

I see a great looking kit for most modellers and room for slight improvement for aftermarket companies to address. It was never a kit on my must have list but now I am tempted to get at least one.

This is a great comment. For the vast majority of modelers (myself included), this kit OOB is what we've been looking for in a Tomcat. For those that want the extra detail, it's a great starting point. The wheel bays could use some aftermarket help. They seem a bit sparse. The thing is, once it's on the shelf, no once can ever see any of that anyway. I always like a model that has good detail where you can readily see it. If it's hidden, I don't spend that much time on it anyway.

The windscreen attachment sealed it for me. I sure wish an F-4A,B,C,D,E,F,G, and so on and so forth kit manufacturer would take the hint and make it this easy to get it right! For most Tomcat lovers this should be the "Bee's Knee" and a must have for at least one or two or three...

I wonder how the AMK windscreen will attach?

As far as the Tamiya kit not having separate Flaps and Slats, will have to see if the Hasegawa wings would be a near drop in replacement... You'd think they would but then again.

Cheers

Larry

...For the vast majority of modelers (myself included), this kit OOB is what we've been looking for in a Tomcat. For those that want the extra detail, it's a great starting point. The wheel bays could use some aftermarket help. They seem a bit sparse. The thing is, once it's on the shelf, no once can ever see any of that anyway. I always like a model that has good detail where you can readily see it. If it's hidden, I don't spend that much time on it anyway.

Absolutely! This is a winner :thumbsup:!

Where is eveyone preordering the kit at ?

Well I think there are several shops in the far east already taking preorders but I did mine at Lucky Model

www.luckymodel.com

Edited by skyhawk174