Tamiya 1:48 F-14 2.0

I got so excited when I saw the Iranian markings. I initially wasn't interested in the kit since I'd rather build a D right now, but that got me thinking I might actually tackle this one....

...then I remembered I'm not using Tamiya decals...has anyone covered Iranian Tomcats in the aftermarket?

I got so excited when I saw the Iranian markings. I initially wasn't interested in the kit since I'd rather build a D right now, but that got me thinking I might actually tackle this one....

...then I remembered I'm not using Tamiya decals...has anyone covered Iranian Tomcats in the aftermarket?

Hi-Decal Line has a sheet featuring NSAWC and IIAF/IRIAF Tomcats. LINK

There is a single IRIAF example featured on Fightertown Decals' Best of the Best sheet. LINK

Mark

I will definitely buy it.

I always wanted to have in my display case a cat gull gray and white from the Bounty Hunters.

Any news of Box Art?

Hey Tamiya!!! The market have a million of box arts in Jolly Rogers, please VF-2!!!

Any news of Box Art?

Hey Tamiya!!! The market have a million of box arts in Jolly Rogers, please VF-2!!!

Maybe they'll go completely different and do the box art with the Iranian scheme? I doubt it but it would be eye catching.

Still putting the little "x's" on the calendar counting the days for this baby to arrive :thumbsup:!

:cheers:

Yes, it has the probe and bay, and the door is separate.

I think this is a photo of it...

http://www.hyperscale.com/2016/reviews/kits/tamiya61114reviewbg_1.htm

YES!!!!! I can do one out of the box now!!!

I found the photo of the open area, plus one showing the probe bay backside and the IFR probe itself. You can see the probe on the last picture of Thumbnail panel 3.

Thank you for confirming that and thank you Tamiya for doing that!

Edited by Jay Chladek

Maybe they'll go completely different and do the box art with the Iranian scheme? I doubt it but it would be eye catching.

Anyway, Tamiya take my money !! :woot.gif:

Still putting the little "x's" on the calendar counting the days for this baby to arrive :thumbsup:/>/>/>!

Yep, me too!!!

You know, that cockpit is one of the best OOB cockpits that I have seen :thumbsup:/>! Looks very logical in assembly sequences and indeed looks like it will just fall together. Looking forward to following the build blog.

:cheers:/>

It's a nice way of breaking it down, but it does have a couple of small inaccuracies. Overall it's a great kit.

You know, that cockpit is one of the best OOB cockpits that I have seen :thumbsup:/>/>! Looks very logical in assembly sequences and indeed looks like it will just fall together. Looking forward to following the build blog.

:cheers:/>/>

Plus it also looks like all that is needed for A plus/B and D variants would be different drop in side consoles and maybe the center instrument panels (such as PTIDs). The basic cockpit tub part can remain unchanged. Very smart design there!

Edited by Jay Chladek

Plus it also looks like all that is needed for A plus/B and D variants would be different drop in side consoles and maybe the center instrument panels (such as PTIDs). The basic cockpit tub part can remain unchanged. Very smart design there!

Agreed! :thumbsup:

Well, I have thought this over and after seeing the two cockpits done up now, I am kind of underwhelmed. I hope someone comes out with an AM tub, or I might just add some appropriate seats. With the canopy up, it looks kind of blah, but that's just me. I've always been interested in the sweep-winged exterior anyway :)

I'll keep my pre-order.

Brad