Tamiya 1:48 F-14 2.0

Oh, man. That Afterburner sheet has been OOP for a LONG time now. Last time I saw it on ebay it bid up to >$100. I kept telling myself when it was released I'd get it and never did. Shame, because VF-84's disbandment scheme is a favorite.

I guilty, that may have been my sheet. I sold it for$168.00.

Starting bid was $19.99 so don't anyone shoot me.

I don't see it yet on HLJ, but I am sure its just a matter of time.

Lucky Model now has them on preorder if interested:

http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?search=Y&q_brand=TAM&q_category=&q_scale=48&q_word=Tomcat&q_show_instock_only=N

I think it ends up being $87ish USD shipped.

:cheers:/>

Less with their $2 shipping sale if you were to buy more than one... :rolleyes:

Less with their $2 shipping sale if you were to buy more than one... :rolleyes:/>

Thanks for the heads up on this!!! I had been waiting for a Lucky Model $2 surface shipping special to place my pre-order.

I just pre-ordered two kits, and with the $2 surface shipping and extra 10% off the total was only $124 shipped. That's TWO kits shipped for slightly more than the MSRP. Woot!

Thanks for the heads up on this!!! I had been waiting for a Lucky Model $2 surface shipping special to place my pre-order.

I just pre-ordered two kits, and with the $2 surface shipping and extra 10% off the total was only $124 shipped. That's TWO kits shipped for slightly more than the MSRP. Woot!

Damn forgot about that 10%...oh well

I guilty, that may have been my sheet. I sold it for$168.00.

Starting bid was $19.99 so don't anyone shoot me.

Why would I shoot you for starting at a reasonable price? I just have to laugh at how crazy some folks are for VF-84 that they are willing to bid it up that high. Yes, that sheet was well done, but come on. VF-84 wasn't the only or even the best F-14 unit out there. And considering how popular they are it isn't as if another VF-84 sheet won't come along.

You can't argue with a 7x net profit, though.

Good deal :thumbsup:!

:cheers:

F01C48EE-E130-4D23-AEAC-D274CAA2C2EE_zpsyxzoqiv6.jpg

Sorry for re-posting this pic but I can't help but think that the boxart IMHO somewhat resembles one of those photoshop jobs that pops up everytime a rumour of a new Tamiya kit is flying around the web. :D

Don't get me wrong, I really like the boxart and I still have to pinch myself at the thought of soon getting the chance to have the sprues for a brand new Tamiya Tomcat in my hands. :rolleyes:

Sorry for re-posting this pic but I can't help but think that the boxart IMHO somewhat resembles one of those photoshop jobs that pops up everytime a rumour of a new Tamiya kit is flying around the web. :D/>

Don't get me wrong, I really like the boxart and I still have to pinch myself at the thought of soon getting the chance to have the sprues for a brand new Tamiya Tomcat in my hands. :rolleyes:/>

The boxart is missing a pair of Japanese Zeros. :D

With regards the box art, I would love to see a resurgence in the highly artistic box art like we used to see on the old Hasegawa kits. Boy the art on kits like their Phantom's was frame worthy in my opinion. Not to say that we haven't had some decent box art over the last few years, but certainly nothing like Hasegawa used to produce with pretty much every one of their kits. Not a fan of companies who use a photograph as their box cover myself. So its nice to see Tamiya going with some nice looking actual art :thumbsup:.

:cheers:

Box Art doesn't mean a whole lot for me, I am paying for what's inside, not for what's on the cover. It goes in the trash bin when I'm done anyway. Yes, I'm weird, and I'm also an assembler, so there :P

And yes, I have one on pre-order...but just one...I will get another from the other guys when it comes out :)

Brad

With regards the box art, I would love to see a resurgence in the highly artistic box art like we used to see on the old Hasegawa kits. Boy the art on kits like their Phantom's was frame worthy in my opinion. Not to say that we haven't had some decent box art over the last few years, but certainly nothing like Hasegawa used to produce with pretty much every one of their kits. Not a fan of companies who use a photograph as their box cover myself. So its nice to see Tamiya going with some nice looking actual art :thumbsup:/>.

:cheers:/>

It is a beautiful piece of artwork, I hope to be able to paint like that one day.

How does one go about getting that extra 10% off on this preorder from Lucky Model

Cheers

Larry

If your total is over $60USD, you have to type in the coupon code at checkout to get the 10% off. If your total is over $120, you are eligible for the $2 surface shipping. My previous order with $2 surface shipping took about 7 weeks to arrive to Ohio.

Is there a pre-order at HLJ?

Gary I pre-ordered mine about 2 weeks ago. We'll see how it looks when I get it maybe sometime at the end of September :) Tried to add the AMK MiG 31 to it but they don't carry that line.