Tamiya 1:48 F-14 2.0

That's pretty shiny. I'm going with gold reflective.

I have never seen a gold visor before on a frontline fighter pilot so I find the photo interesting. Would make for something different on one of those great looking Tamiya pilots visors (Gold bare metal foil perhaps?). Cool stuff.

:cheers:

From the Furball Aero Design Facebook page.

Ok here's the final line-up for our next Tomcat sheet (F/D&S-4810) Colors and Markings of US Navy Tomcats Part III. This set will feature 9 Atlantic Fleet F-14A options and will be optimized to work with the new Tamiya F-14A kit. These jets and many, many more are covered with beautiful high resolution photography in Detail and Scale's eBook: Colors and Markings of US Navy F-14 Tomcats Part One Atlantic Fleet Squadrons.

This book is an incredible value at only $9.99 and features numerous never before seen photographs. You want this book if you are a fan of the Tomcat, trust me!

13995488_1169566203141137_6534175449216800868_o.jpg

did you notice it's not a block 95 jet? Must've been a 101 jet painted up for the squadron.

Interesting! BTW, for those doing a scheme that doesn't have the alpha nose probe, you will need to add a small probe on the left side just under the windscreen. It's identical to the probe found just under the canopy on the right side. I think it's a temperature probe, but I'm not sure. I'm going to try and cast it in resin, but it's itty-bitty, so I don't know how it will cast.

Dam so i guess its too late to sell my 2 has tomcat, they will be woth nothing now!!

Don't be so sure... the Tamiya kit is priced to cater to the high-end builders... you could probably still fetch close to market value on your hasegawa kits

Had a look at a test shot in Tokyo a few days ago.

Beautiful surface detail. I mean beautiful.

The AMK guys will need to improve there surface panel work about two generations to even get close to this based off the Mig-31's I have to compare.

Nice as the big Mig is it is way behind this kit from a surface detail viewpoint.

In fact it's way behind compared to the HB F-14.

Hope they get there act together for there big Cats they have a big step to take to get close.

Loving the Tamiya F-14 already after one viewing and can't think how many I want! Lol..

Don't be so sure... the Tamiya kit is priced to cater to the high-end builders... you could probably still fetch close to market value on your hasegawa kits

I gotta say no. BOTH AMK and Tamiya are bottom line replacing the Hasegawa kit. The Tamiya kit is currently selling for less then $90 SHIPPED (high end). With Tamiya and the other guy coming I'd dump them (Hasegawa) NOW! I just don't see anyone paying CLOSE to Tamiya prices for a Hasegawa kit. The 1/48 F-14 market has been blown wide open...I'd sell my Hasegawa Tomcat's NOW... but that's me.

:cheers:

Had a look at a test shot in Tokyo a few days ago.

Beautiful surface detail. I mean beautiful.

The AMK guys will need to improve there surface panel work about two generations to even get close to this based off the Mig-31's I have to compare.

Nice as the big Mig is it is way behind this kit from a surface detail viewpoint.

In fact it's way behind compared to the HB F-14.

Hope they get there act together for there big Cats they have a big step to take to get close.

Loving the Tamiya F-14 already after one viewing and can't think how many I want! Lol..

And accurate to the original documents.

Fighertown 48080 decal sheet will be a good starting point, though you will need a TCS below the nose and probably the 'L' tail brackets.

Thanks for that tidbit of info. I have that sheet and VF-1 is the first scheme I wanted to use on the Tamiya kit.

I believe Darren is planning on these small updates so that we can go ahead and use those markings without having to wait for eons for Tamiya to release their next F-14 Kit. I am guessing that we will not see another F-14 release from Tamiya until about 2018. I may be wrong but I am basing that on their F-16 kit.