Weird/odd museum restorations?

That kinda irks me too. I get that every base wants a "MiG Killer" or some other famous plane. But damn, stop changing serial numbers. Both Elmo and Eielson have F-4C's in Alaska markings which were never stationed at either base.

2014-12-03-15-58-42.png

Sometimes its not about whether or not a certain a/c type was stationed at the base its displayed at, its also about a/c types flown by units during their existence. The 3rd @ Elmondorf flew the F-4D/E/G from '71-'91 and the 354th @ Eilson flew, or had units attached to it, that flew the F-4 during the 'Nam era. I do think the AK tail code should be replaced with something more accurate to the specific time the type was with the unit.

Edited by afspret

Sometimes its not about whether or not a certain a/c type was stationed at the base its displayed at, its also about a/c types flown by units during their existence. The 3rd @ Elmondorf flew the F-4D/E/G from '71-'91 and the 354th @ Eilson flew, or had units attached to it, that flew the F-4 during the 'Nam era. I do think the AK tail code should be replaced with something more accurate to the specific time the type was with the unit.

We never had the "D or "G". Only the "E" model. The 3rd Wing had them when they were at Clark but not in Alaska. Our Phantoms had the "FC" tailcodes.

Edited by adamitri