Supermarine Seafire FR.47 (Special Hobby 1/72)

Supermarine Seafire FR.47 VP461 178/P, 800 Squadron FAA, HMS Triumph, Korea, August 1950. Pilot: Lt. Hanchard Goodwin.

Kit: Special Hobby (1/72).

3524.jpg

3525.jpg

3526.jpg

3527.jpg

3528.jpg

3529.jpg

3530.jpg

3531.jpg

3532.jpg

3533.jpg

Edited by rav_pl
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm surprised there are not more comments (but I guess its not a 1/32 american jet, so most folks on ARC don't look).

This is a very nice build. I like all the extra things on the wings. I like the smooth finish, and light weathering. Great photography too!

The canopy looks a little bit funny - its taller than the windscreen. This may be because SH made the windscreen too flat on top. Is it possible to pose it open, it wouldn't be as obvious then? That's just me nitpicking. Its a very nice build!

Thank you for your comments, Eric and RKic. I'm happy you like the model.

The canopy looks a little bit funny - its taller than the windscreen. This may be because SH made the windscreen too flat on top.

Yes, the canopy was the major problem in my build. The rear part could fit if the area under it was flat - but it is not. I has to cut the internal edge to make it sit lower. It was hard to get an acceptable result (and I did not get it in my opinion). I was close to abandon the model because of it.

Is it possible to pose it open, it wouldn't be as obvious then?

Yes, you can pose it open, but I never do it in my models.

Brilliant, there is a lot to like about a Navy Spitfire that looks like its being going hard on the steroids. No wonder the FR.47 is often called the ultimate Spitfire, & you've caught that really well.

Steve.