ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Els

Stormtrooper Helmets

Hello all,

I wasn't sure where to post this but since it is Sci-Fi I will put it here. Around a year ago I saw these vinyl helmets in a store and thought that they were cool, but at $20 each, they weren't cool enough to pry the wallet out of my pocket. A couple of months ago I saw them on sale for $4 so I picked up three of them. These are sold with the intention of the purchaser designing/decorating the helmets in what ever way they want.

01_zps6yl9gsc5.jpg

This is what is included in the box. They are pretty good sized, maybe 1:4 scale. There is a bottle of Tamiya glue in the picture for size reference.

02_zpsoppxz8ip.jpg

Since there is no base included I cut a hole in the bottom and epoxied a round wood dowel inside the helmet. More epoxy was poured in to add strength. Some round wood bases were picked up at my local Michaels and painted. I little Bondo was applied to cover up some of the mold defects.

04_zpsgq3c3oum.jpg

05_zpsn5w31cse.jpg

For the first one, I kept it as close to "reality" as possible.

06_zpsoalin6ni.jpg

The second one I did up in shadow trooperish darker metalic color.

45986b11-14ac-4161-b38e-006e17c86b77_zpsb0rn4pta.jpg

And for the last one I needed some rivets. So I ended up using linoleum nails because they were about the right size.

08_zpsmgaxiwuw.jpg

I was going to rivet the hole helmet but after drilling around 200 holes I got real bored with that. So I am calling this one a medieval throw back helmet.

09_zpszhq5wjpk.jpg

10_zpspypotud1.jpg

They were a nice break from the aircraft models I have been working on and I had fun with them. Now I need to find one more to make it look like stone.

Els

Great thanks a lot now I have to go find those grumble, grumble, grumble :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, looks great. Really like the third one. Looks like something Rocketman would wear. Should make a nice collection if you get some more. I know there were some camouflage ones but I think those were more the clone troopers.

Thanks everybody. Its fun to do strange projects once in a while to restore some mojo. I usually build an egg plane when I need a change.

Those covers came from Home Depot. They were phasing them out of their inventory so they charged me one cent each for these. I should have bought a few more.

Els

Those are pretty cool! I was going to suggest you could paint four of them as KISS, but I see that's already been thought of:

work.4603787.3.fc-550x550-asphalt.v3.jpg

Ben :D

Those are pretty cool. If they had some smaller scale helmets I would try to paint up a set just to see people do a double take.

These are super cool! Love the Shadow trooper helmet :thumbsup:! If they did clone trooper helmets (not sure if they did?) a modeler could do a whole lineup of the various Clone Trooper Units that each had distinct colors, patterns and logos (always partial to Rex and Wolf myself).

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ADHO15/MSPaintCharacters/mural4.png

Good stuff!

:cheers: