Anyone spooled up for the summer Olympics?

You first world nations need to get your sh*t together ;)/>

On a related note, apparently it's common in many Brazilian establishments that you are required to throw out used toilet tissue vrs flushing it down the toilet.

Just a fun factoid brought to you by Rio 2016!

On a related note, apparently it's common in many Brazilian establishments that you are required to throw out used toilet tissue vrs flushing it down the toilet.

I didn't believe it until I googled it...sure enough, its true. Older article but apparently still valid:

http://thebrazilbusiness.com/article/going-to-the-toilet-in-brazil

I learned something without even having to watch annoying NBC announcers.

:cheers:

Was the same on Crete when we holidayed there in about 1989, probably still is. Their sewerage systems can't cope with too much.

Well....crap, that's what I've been doing wrong all of these years.....boy won't the neighbors be surprised the next time that we paper their house.......

:woot.gif:

Was the same on Crete when we holidayed there in about 1989, probably still is. Their sewerage systems can't cope with too much.

Most of the Greek Islands are the same, mainland no so much. Funny how the Olympics don't mean that much to the Americans now that they are made to work for their medals, and remember that the biggest drugs cheat and sports con artist of all time is Lance Armstrong so the USA should've been banned from all sports for 25 yrs.

Funny how the Olympics don't mean that much to the Americans now that they are made to work for their medals, and remember that the biggest drugs cheat and sports con artist of all time is Lance Armstrong so the USA should've been banned from all sports for 25 yrs.

Inconvenient truth my Scottish friend.

Mind you, I think there were (are?) plenty of Aussie cyclists doping....not to mention NRL/ARL players and God know what other sports.

I'm thinking of taking some banned supplements (which a female Aussie triathlete recently copped a 4yr ban for taking) to help fix my knees so I can race again....though only as a weekend warrior hobby, not as a career.

Now I know what the Australians do with all that unflushed toilet paper. Gawdawful stuff!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

....you heathens, Vegemite is lovely stuff. I have it on my ricecakes every day for morning tea.

BTW, we can flush our toilet paper in Oz. Our sewerage system works :thumbsup:

Edited by Thommo

Most of the Greek Islands are the same, mainland no so much. Funny how the Olympics don't mean that much to the Americans now that they are made to work for their medals, and remember that the biggest drugs cheat and sports con artist of all time is Lance Armstrong so the USA should've been banned from all sports for 25 yrs.

Haters gonna hate! USA USA!

Lance Armstrong was a fraud, cheat, and a dog no doubt and deserves all the criticism levied at him. However, bear in mind that:

"...of the 21 riders who stood on the podium during Lance's seven consecutive Tour de France victories, only one - Fernando Escartín, who finished third in Armstrong's first Tour win in 1999 - has never been implicated in a doping scandal..."

http://www.realclearsports.com/lists/top_10_frauds_in_sports_history/

So while Armstrong is the most well known of cyclists many cheaters, he is by far not alone.

Also, I highly doubt Americans are alone in their lack of interest in the Olympics. I would also argue that this lack of interest here in the U.S. has little to do with or without the U.S. medal count. I certainly can't speak for anybody but myself but I lost interest in the Olympics many games ago for many reasons, none of which has anything to do with medal counts.

Edited by Don

Lol please be trolling. This post is like the definition of cherry picking. Oh lawd

Edited by TaiidanTomcat

Mary Akor

Duncan Atwood

Randy Barnes

Kenta Bell

Michael Berry

John Capel

Jillian Camarena-Williams

LaMark Carter

Damu Cherry

Hazel Clark

Ramon Clay

Michellee Collins

Jessica Cosby

Crystal Cox

Shawn Crawford

Walter Davis

Mary Decker

Tony Dees

Jon Drummond

Debbie Dunn

Torri Edwards

Justin Gatlin (twice)

Tyson Gay

Trevor Graham

Marion Jones

can't be bothered going any further down the list

The above are athletes or coaches that have represented the USA at either Olympic or World Championship level over the last 20 years, and have been tested positive for using performance enhancing substances. So please drop the holier than thou attitude and hypocritical finger wagging, your country is just as guilty as the next one.

Someone test the men's Japanese Rugby 7's team pronto.

They just beat NZ :o

BTW we are embroiled in an international incident with China after one of our swimmers called out a previously banned drug cheat :rolleyes:

The solution is obvious - make Doping an Official Olympic Sport. Tune in to see what country has the best Doping team. Ratings go up. Scandal goes away - unless of course some fool tries for a medal in Doping without actually doping...

Problem solved. :monkeydance:

I normally try and catch some of the events but I don't sit and watch the whole broadcast. I know it is not going to happen but I wish the TV coverage was on more sports. I would really like to see archery and some of the lesser known sports like table tennis.

NBC has the rights so I guess they pick and choose what will get the ratings. An American girl won the 10m Air Rifle Gold so they showed that but only very little and not the event itself. Did not know that was a sport in the Olympics. I know shooting is there but not air rifle.

Maybe there is a channel that shows all the events 24/7 but I don't get it in my cable package :)

Mary Akor

Duncan Atwood

Randy Barnes

Kenta Bell

Michael Berry

John Capel

Jillian Camarena-Williams

LaMark Carter

Damu Cherry

Hazel Clark

Ramon Clay

Michellee Collins

Jessica Cosby

Crystal Cox

Shawn Crawford

Walter Davis

Mary Decker

Tony Dees

Jon Drummond

Debbie Dunn

Torri Edwards

Justin Gatlin (twice)

Tyson Gay

Trevor Graham

Marion Jones

can't be bothered going any further down the list

The above are athletes or coaches that have represented the USA at either Olympic or World Championship level over the last 20 years, and have been tested positive for using performance enhancing substances. So please drop the holier than thou attitude and hypocritical finger wagging, your country is just as guilty as the next one.

Ummm no.

1. I acknowledged that doping is a big part of the game like it or not. Please read my posts to confirm.

2. Why doesn't the IOC agree with you?? Let's explain. Though many individuals from many countries have been caught doping for many years, what makes Russia so exceptional in this case was they had a "rat" that exposed a massive state run and state approved program for such, including all the methods used to get around testing. So in one case you have corrupt individuals, and in another you have an entire state wide conspiracy and systemic corruption. Hence the severe censure.

3. Taking the "AmericanS aren't interested anymore" based on a small sample on ARC is hardly represenitIve of 300 million people, especially when the people on ARC are complaining as much about the terrible coverage and horrendous choice of host nation as anything else. And of course scale modelers and athletics... lol. But hey paint with a big brush if that's the only way to get any paint on. I'm now going to extrapolate all of your nations opinions based on your posts in this thread.

Have a good one.

NASA-Got-Bored-With-Them-So-They-Gave-Them-To-The-Army_o_91326_zps6qqkhyh7.jpg

^^^My interest level would increase exponentially if they were added as an event^^^... :woot.gif:! Of course someone would no doubt come up with a whole list of primates who have been caught cheating in past shooting events and that would be the end of that.

But honestly, the Olympics should look into it... :whistle:

:cheers:

Edited by Don

Funny how the Olympics don't mean that much to the Americans now that they are made to work for their medals,

Funny that the US leads the medal count and doen't seem to mind being "made to work"

...and according to you they are doing it clean.

Feels good man

So we don't have a truly functional sewage system (didn't the Romans get this figured out a while back?), you can't swim in the water or you'll die (either from bacteria or a random gunshot), half the athletes are dopers, and Canada got robbed for a bronze in synchronized diving (seriously, is synchronized anything really a sport?).

Well heck, at least we can enjoy the camaraderie of all those young athletes (except the NBA stars who are partying on a heavily guarded ocean liner).

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/10/sports/olympics/doping-swimming-russia-lilly-king-yulia-efimova.html?_r=1

Classic outlook:

“They don’t belong in a sport,” Camille Lacourt, a star French swimmer, said Monday night in comments reported by the French newspaper L’Équipe. “They should make up their federation of dopers and have fun among themselves. It disgusts me to see people who’ve cheated standing on podiums. Sun Yang, in the 200 free, he pees purple.”

At least the para-athletic association has some guts, they banned Russia entirely from next month's para-Olympics.

Edited by 11bee