Anyone spooled up for the summer Olympics?

Funny how the Olympics don't mean that much to the Americans now that they are made to work for their medals...

Yup...and they're workin' it good too! That chump swimmer from S. Africa didn't even medal...maybe in shadowboxing he might have a chance.. LOL. Team Gold in the relay and Phelps is now at 21 22 23 Gold. I think Scotland has won maybe a couple more (Gold, Silver and Bronze combined ) than that in their entire Olympic history???

...and those young ladies on the gymnastics team...BOOM! Goes the dynamite. Back to back Team Gold.

'Murica!

Edited by 82Whitey51

As soon as they introduce self-depreciating humour as an Olympic event, you'se Merry-Cans are stuffed, Aussies will smash the medal count.

So, on which body part do you plan to wear your "thongs" for this new Olympic sport?

You know what I firmly believe killed off a lot of the public's interest? Remember how it used to be every four years was an Olympic year, meaning winter and summer games in the same year? Felt special then. 4 years in between.

Well, ever since they started staggering it, the result is every two years is an Olympic year, alternating summer and winter. Meaning every other year is an Olympic year. Meaning it's hardly very rare or special anymore.

My $.02 but I really do think that's a big part of the general apathy.

Agree with this.

So, on which body part do you plan to wear your "thongs" for this new Olympic sport?

We wear them on our feet. The 50m thong sprint to an esky full of beer might work. It's bloody hard to run in thongs, takes some superior coordination

:woot.gif:/>

That's what we call John Wayne toilet paper over here. It's a very non-PC Aussie joke (like most of our jokes), so I can't explain.

So...who's going to win the Gold for 'Most Horrific Injury'?

Probably the robber who had his gun taken off him and was shot dead (though not by a Russian diplomat apparently).

The Dutch woman who crashed in the cycling may take the silver - some small fractures in her vertebrate but she is OK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewmwv-ZbGvc

Well, a huge disappointment for Aussies with the Campbell sisters not getting a medal in the women's 100m freestyle (one was WR holder, the other the world champion).

But I must say I probably got more joy out of the US and Canadian girls dead-heating for the Gold. You don't see many black Americans do well in swimming and it was magic to see the look on her face when she realised she'd won. And same for the Canadian girl who is only 16.

Great stuff.

All four of them should be striped of their medals.

Stripped of medals!?!? Wow, I'm sensing some serious jealousy or something. They did something stupid. They lied. I'm sure there are tons of incidences like this happening the whole time the Olympics are going on. It's stupid and irresponsible. BUT, did it affect the outcome of any if the races? They earned their medals. If you start taking away on the field rewards for off the field behavior then there aren't going to be very many champions. And that includes Scotts.

Bill

Stripped of medals!?!? Wow, I'm sensing some serious jealousy or something. They did something stupid. They lied. I'm sure there are tons of incidences like this happening the whole time the Olympics are going on. It's stupid and irresponsible. BUT, did it affect the outcome of any if the races? They earned their medals. If you start taking away on the field rewards for off the field behavior then there aren't going to be very many champions. And that includes Scotts.

Bill

Jealous of what??? A bunch of ignorant, arrogant and disrespectful twats, sorry not jealous at all and why is it that you Americans always play the "jealously card" every time someone speaks out against something USA?

They have disrespected their hosts, they have embarrassed the country that they represent, and have shown that they have completely no regard for the whole ethos/spirit of the Olympic Games. As you correctly state the incident didn't have any effect on the outcome of the race, and their effort in the pool was worthy of the Gold, but their attitude and behavior out of the pool doesn't. As long as you're representing your country during the 2 weeks of competition you respect your hosts, fellow competitors and behave accordingly both on and off the field/pool/track, that goes for every competitor from every country.

Edited by scotthldr