Anyone spooled up for the summer Olympics?

Nothing to do with the guys going out and getting drunk(after years of training they deserve it), it's not even down to them trashing the toilet. However when you start to blame and accuse the locals/hosts of armed robbery to try and cover up their childish behavior that is when the tide turns, also bear in mind that these guys were sober when they started the false accusations and were well aware of what they were doing. These guys are Olympic champions, about time they started to act like one instead of spineless thugs, and until they do they don't deserve to wear an Olympic medal around their necks.

This. And saying "oh they worked really hard for those medals and won/earned them in the pool" reminds me of the consequences are for other people if you perform jock culture that gave us Steubenville and Brock Turner (and which happens here in NZ too before anyone says I'm anti american). These guys knew what they were doing, and were entitled enough to think they would get away with it. Losing their medals should definitely be considered, "pour encourager les autres" if for nothing else.

Edited by Mumbles

Pretty sure that is the essence of the Olympics.

USA USA USA Etc, etc.

On that note, in the more meaningful medal count:

http://www.medalspercapita.com/

Go NZ :)

This piece is Australian, but provides some interesting ways of assessing medal performance.

I'm of the view that even making an olympics or olympic final is a great achievement, winning a medal no matter the colour even more so.

Edited by Mumbles

Exactly, however it seems that Taiidan Tomcat thinks that if anyone speaks out about anything concerning the USA then you must hate all Americans and everything American :bandhead2:/>/>

You need to realize how phrases sound vs how you intend. When you say "what is it with you _______s" that tends to be interpreted as all. Not as "more than one"

Now tell me on this globe where America touched you

Edited by TaiidanTomcat

On that note, in the more meaningful medal count:

http://www.medalspercapita.com/

Go NZ :)/>

This piece is Australian, but provides some interesting ways of assessing medal performance.

I'm of the view that even making an olympics or olympic final is a great achievement, winning a medal no matter the colour even more so.

But are they good people?

Kiwi's (NZers) are great people, and it is my favourite country out of all those I've visited (which is a fair few). I'd move there tomorrow if I could figure out how to earn a living there. Funny thing is, all the Kiwi's come here to Oz to find work.

Will be over there in Nov for 2 weeks hols on the South Island :thumbsup:

Given none of the NZ Olympians got drunk and went out and vandalised stuff in the expectation they would get away with it and then came up with a whole bunch of lies to cover their arses when they didn't, objectively I'd say they are ahead of the game in the "good people" department compared to Lochte et al :)

Edited by Mumbles

Steroids are a funny subject. The public wants to see increibdle. The people who make money on the olympics, want to give the public what it wants to keep making money. It takes drugs to get the incredible.

Then an athlete "shockingly" gets caught doing steroids and the public is super duper unhappy. The people who made the money already throw the athlete under the bus and keep the money. It's all the athletes fault!! Even though all the athletes were using steriods, and this one for "whatever reason" got caught!

If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.

Kiwi's (NZers) are great people, and it is my favourite country out of all those I've visited (which is a fair few). I'd move there tomorrow if I could figure out how to earn a living there. Funny thing is, all the Kiwi's come here to Oz to find work.

Will be over there in Nov for 2 weeks hols on the South Island :thumbsup:/>

Chur :thumbsup: