RF-5A recce nose

South Vietnam: 2 x "97163" in white (Standard SEA camo with checkerboard and NMF tip-tanks)

Greece: 2 x "97164" in black (Standard SEA camo or earlier NMF with orange panels)

Norway: 2 x "106" in black ( NMF with mid grey recce nose and forward fuselage)

Canada: 2 x "116712" in black (434 Sqn in camouflage)

Why 2 of each of these? Not sure I follow the thought behind?

Diego

The CF-5A recconnaissance version was not only tail number 712 from 434 Squadron. All CF-5 squadrons flew the recce nose (419, 433, and 434), and any tail number could have flown it. No requirement to include specific tail numbers for the Canadian version.

ALF

Hi Alf,

Thanks for these data :thumbsup:

I proposed the 434 Sqn, as there are already all the markings necessary (like tail band, etc) on Kinetic's F-5A decal sheet.

Kinetic will therefore only need to add the small serial on an additional decal sheet - and I also had a photo reference for this a/c with RF nose :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

If you are looking for the clear resin rece nose there is a possibility of some left for sale, as they were made for uncle bills hobby in Calgary . I may take awhile to obtain them, unless you're going to be in Calgary at model contest and shows in the next few months.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/6/2016 at 2:23 AM, Jay Chladek said:

I managed to find a free PDF of the CF-5 pilot manual to read. Page 24 and 28 show the side console layout on the A/R with the camera controls. Page 105 (section 21 in the manual) talks about the recon system itself and the specific displays.

http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/en/aircraft/usa/northrop/f-5tigerii/4063e005-205a-1northropcf-5afreedomfighteraircraftoperatinginstructions.html#download

That link requires you to register with Avialogs, in order to download the file. :crying:

Larry

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2016 at 10:41 AM, seafuryfb said:

Ok so there are about a dozen leaft from Rick's estate the are about $15.oo CAD plus postage which is still being worked out. 

Slightly off topic, but are there any AMCI pods left in 48th and 32nd?

• 1 year later...