Myasishchev M-17 Stratosfera - 'Mystic-A'

The first of many decalling sessions.....

The Modelsvit decals are superb!! :worship:/> :worship:/>

They go on with no hint of silvering (I'm using small amounts of Micro-Sol - but it isn't really needed) - and the definition is exquisite - all of them fully readable....

m-17_modelsvit_46.jpg

The above is about 4 X lifesize.

This is the 2nd record-breaking variant - and it's a flying billboard.

m-17_modelsvit_47.jpg

I'm now off to rest my eyes ready for the next session....I've only done the fins and tailbooms so far.

Ken

If anyone is contemplating building the other variant offered by Modelsvit (CCCP-17103 - with the gun turret fairing) - the volunters at Monino have re-instated the PPU GSh-23L gun turret with its twin cannons onto the airframe..

See here :- http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_t_46044_start_80.html

Ken

The results after 4 days of decalling - including dozens of tiny stencils - all sealed with a top coat of Games Workshop 'Purity Sea' satin varnish for a nice smooth finish.

Then I added the accurate but very delicate undercarriage legs and tested it for balance and....... aaaarrrrgh - its a tailsitter!!!!! :woot.gif:/>/> :bandhead2:/>

m-17_modelsvit_48.jpg

Despite adding more than the recommended 14g of weight in the nose it still wants to put its nose in the air....

m-17_modelsvit_49.jpg

It still needs a few nore struts adding to the legs - followed by the doors and wheels - and then its onto the final touches.....

I may have to fabricate some supports to go under the tailbooms - just like the real thing....

day_06_11.jpg

day01_006.jpg

Ken

As soon as I put the wheels on - i'll try and add a bit more into the cockpit.

It's a pity I've closed up the nose gear well (as per the instructions) - I could have added more in there.

Although - being true to scale and trailing arm style - the main gear legs are quite delicate and might not take much more weight - so struts under the booms may be helpful after all.

Ken