Spitfire Vb Trop (Tamiya 1/48)

Hello Everyone!

Starting the Usual Tam Kit.

Just a psychotherapy this one!!!!!

As usual no filling for this little one,

Just painting the Cockpit i used Model Master RAF interior green, seemed to my eyes much more accurate than Gunze H312 To be honest.

Not to much done inside but I will add later the Seat and belts, and paint the floor!!!! Cause i didn't!!!!DSC00055.jpgimagehostDSC00057.jpgimagehostDSC00058.jpgfree image hostingDSC00061.jpgfree image hosting

Thank you for watching!!!!

Cheers,

George

• 3 weeks later...

Finished the camo paint and waiting to apply the gloss coat.

Hope to Finish the Spit before the Dead line!!!!

Upper surfaces Gunze H71 Mid Stone And H72 Dark Earth.

To avoid mixing colours for the lower surface i managed to Brush Vallejo Air UK Azure And i think that is a very accurate colour.

DSC00113.jpgupload images freeDSC00114.jpgimage hosting more than 5mbDSC00117.jpgupload images freeDSC00115.jpgupload images free

Comments always accepted!!

Thank you!

Thank you Guys!!!

Nick Spit is one of the Best looking a/c of all times!!! You simply can;t make only one!!!

Martin Azure blue was a Headache to be found but i think that i managed to be as close as possible!!!!

So..... just before the End (Hope to secure the Deadline!!)

The major problem of the old decals was that when i looked closer i saw that they were a bit 'tricky' The result..

Just when they touched the water they were just pieces...

So te solution was given by.... the Good old AIRFIX!!!! :sunrevolves:

Decals placed and I'm so happy about it because i didn't even use softer!!!!! Extemelly good!!!

Pics just Below!

DSC00118.jpgDSC00119.jpgDSC00120.jpgDSC00121.jpgDSC00122.jpgDSC00123.jpgDSC00124.jpgDSC00125.jpgDSC00126.jpg

I also used oil paints to do the wash procedure,Oil used are Ivory black, Paines Grey,Raw Umber and Burnt Umbrer,

Maybe i overdone it on the lower surface but i think i'm OK?

Thank you !

Cheers

George.

Maybe i overdone it on the lower surface but i think i'm OK?

Thank you !

Beautiful build, George.

I think you are definitely OK on the underside. I have been reading about Spitfires a bit (as I'm sure you have too) and I gather they knew in late 1938 there was a substantial oil loss that leaked onto the lower fuselage. They improved the sealing, but throughout the aircraft's career oil leaks were a fact of life.

Cheers, Stefan.

Beautiful build, George.

I think you are definitely OK on the underside. I have been reading about Spitfires a bit (as I'm sure you have too) and I gather they knew in late 1938 there was a substantial oil loss that leaked onto the lower fuselage. They improved the sealing, but throughout the aircraft's career oil leaks were a fact of life.

Cheers, Stefan.

Thank you Stefan!!!!

Yeap as i far as i can see from pics all of them had Oil Losses especially wen they the engines were cold.

My only thought was not to be sloppy...

Thanks a lot again!!!