T.V. Series, Hart to Hart, watchin the DVD's (pilot tonight)

Bought the DVD box set recently. I watched this show regularly back in the day. A good Detective show with a husband and wife team Robert Wagner and Stefanie Powers. Being a young teen umm part of the show for me was watching Stefanie Powers, HUBBA HUBBA :woot.gif: I luved her in that show, killer redhead. Yep there were many a fine and gorgeous lady actresses in t.v. land back then. She definitely had the male attraction thing going. T.V today with filled with too much mind melting, reality crap no longer has as much variety of dramas, action, sitcoms and other shows with real and quality actors, actresses and good directors, writers and camera work. Meh my 2 cents.

oyzbvr4unprlyobp.jpg?kj8as6ye

97jaaxzuh3srajxr.jpg?kj8as6ye

Edited by Gordon Shumway

While I don't watch that Show ....much...I agree completely that TV these days is CRAPOLA.... I have contemplated dropping my TV service every month but I am so far from a TV Antenna 60 miles or so I can't get a good signal w/o a Tall antenna tower :crying2: Honestly if not for maybe a bakers dozen of current shows I'd have nothing new to watch. I even have Netflix and an Amazon Prime membership and still can barely find anything to fill the time..I am finding a few shows like SyFy's 12 Monkeys, it's a fun Time Travel show. I like Turn on AMC which will sadly be drawing to a close in Season4. TNT has a show or 2 The Last Ship for one Major Crime(getting tired of it) then the few shows I watch on broadcast TV like Blue Bloods and Hawaii 5-0 and a couple more. I Like the DC Comics shows on the CW and then NHL,NFL and Astro's Baseball no other MLB only Astro's...So to fill time I have been watching a LOT of old shows these days. I found JAG on one satation INSP. I also watch Psych on Netflix that's the old USA Network show and it is funny stuff. I also like the stuff on PBS Sunday nights like Endeavor(just concluded S3) and Inspector Lewis. then the new to me 2013 production British/French collaboration show The Tunnel...other than that I have many Show Holes to fill. All that said I see me watching many more "Classics" in the years to come....and to think we pay big bucks to watch this crap. :angry: ..Guess I better start constructing my antenna tower :bandhead2:

I have only a few shows I really watch. Discovery's Fast n Loud and Misfit Garage and the Velocity Channel"s Bitching Rides and Wheeler Dealers. Yeah, I'm a car guy. I have gotten into few other shows like Doctor Who, Sherlock and I currently watching Wayward Pines, Brain Dead and Mr Robot. I'm waiting for the next season of Better Call Saul.

I recently discovered my cable company carries MEtv , Lots of great old shows like Rockford Files and Konjack.

I have only a few shows I really watch. Discovery's Fast n Loud and Misfit Garage and the Velocity Channel"s Bitching Rides and Wheeler Dealers. Yeah, I'm a car guy. I have gotten into few other shows like Doctor Who, Sherlock and I currently watching Wayward Pines, Brain Dead and Mr Robot. I'm waiting for the next season of Better Call Saul.

I recently discovered my cable company carries MEtv , Lots of great old shows like Rockford Files and Konjack.

I too have enjoyed Fast n Loud, though it's no longer must see t.v. for me anymore. It's still good but the reality type shows all get a little boring after a while as they are rather cookie cutter. I too like car stuff, I used to watch on a regular theme Fast n Loud, Counting Cars, Wheeler Dealers and such. I still watch even in reruns Top Gear, the past ones with Clarkson, May and Hammond. The new one after BBC effed things up with new hosts is not near as compelling. The old one was more about Clarkson, May and Hammond than about the cars. The mold for that show was broken after those three.

I also use to watch Pawn Stars as a regular thing. Not so much anymore. And I was but no longer a junkie (I stopped watching these about 3-4-5 years ago.) Survivor, Hell's Kitchen, Kitchen Nightmares, Top Chef. But I just grew tired and bored as these were/are all RINSE AND REPEAT with only bringing a handful of new narcissistic faces off the real world, working for cheap. Amazing Race was the last of these I watched but no longer do as it's also now boring, but I did enjoy it much for the travel stuff.

I never got into Big Brother I watched maybe 10 min. total and felt my IQ dropping by doing so. Never watched oh more than 10-20 min. of the singing and dance type reality shows as the narcissism was over the top and I'm not just talking about most of the hacks who come on these shows but the shallow, almost dolt like celebrities who'd judge this stuff.

Something is missing in much of t.v. today. I can't put my finger squarely on such but even regular network t.v. type shows are often thin in real plot, character development and acting qualities. The scripts are bad, the directing often obtuse and camera work weak. The strong dramas I find have become too dark, which at first may be compelling but soon for me become depressing and disconcerting. Sitcoms what few are left are so juvenile I feel as if I should be in grade 6,7 or 8 and making spit balls. :rolleyes:

Even pro sports are running more blah to me. The sports have had so much money tossed at them we see never ending commercial breaks and to me this kills any flow to the games, the NFL is the worst for this. Add the in game sponsoring of this and that and it is all mind numbing. The pregame, intermission and half time stuff on t.v. is all so over the top ex-jock high school level blowhard talk and gibberish and as a result I so often want to scream.

MeTV has been for me a television godsend. It is a network that I watch a lot of programming on today. Even some of its older sitcoms as silly as some can be (and they were even back as a kid in their first runs or early syndication) have a simple pleasantness to them. And that ain't all bad! :)

Edited by Gordon Shumway

"'Cos when they met, it was moider..."

:lol: Yep,

Back when t.v. theme compositions had originality and often a real catchy tune. T.V. theme compositions were all a very important part to the shows themselves.

Don't believe me folks?

Just You tube these.

Rockford Files

Streets of San Fransisco

Starsky and Hutch

Hart to Hart

Berretta

Sanford and Son

All in The Family

The Jeffersons

Hawaii Five - O

MASH

Cheers

Hill Street Blues

Quincy

Baa Baa Blacksheep

Magnum P.I.

The Six Million Dollar Man.

even sappy ones like The Walton's and Little House on The Prairie

Happy Days.

For us Canucks: The Beachcombers, The Littlest Hobo to name but two. :D

Even older ones from the 60's

Twilight Zone

Combat (best WWII t.v. show ever)

Hogans Heroes

Perry Mason

Dick Van Dyke Show

Just for a laugh and to show the power of these types of t.v. compositions, if you are old enough or saw in syndication, I bet if I say The Brady Bunch, you all can sing the lyrics to yourselves right now.

Lastly same goes with older t.v. commercial jingles. These worked and if you are old enough you can remember many older commercial jingles. It's mostly a lost art in t.v. commercials today. :(

YES! I love some of those theme songs. Sandford and Son's may be one of the best theme songs ever written in my opinion. But that's Quincy Jones for ya!

Also check out the jamming (even though it's disco-ish) theme song to SWAT from the 70's. It's got a killer bass line!

And of course Barney Miller!

Bill

Edited by niart17

Emergency, C.H.I.P.S, the A-Team, Magnum P.I., The Dukes of Hazzard, Knightrider, MacGyver, Airwolf, original V, original Battlestar Gallacitica, all the Star Treks, and Stingray were among my favorites back in the day...all had catchy intro tunes too. I still watch them when the mood grabs me.

Now I follow Vikings, Hell on Wheels (terrible ending though to the series finale IMO), Outlander, and Game of Thrones. But as a huge baseball fan I always have a Pirates, Blue Jays, or Astros game on...sometimes all three at once :woot.gif:!

:cheers:

Yep, even after 25-35-45 years those tunes all still ring in our minds. How many t.v. shows today will we recall the theme songs too in 25-35-45 years?

IE:

Lady Godiva was freedom rider... (come on you all know the show than song's beginning is from.) :lol:/>

By the way Glenn Miller Played, the songs that made the hit parade, guys like us we had it made... (c'mon from IMO the best sit com ever.) :woo:/>

Edited by Gordon Shumway

Ahh yes, a trip down memory lane. For me, I was more into shows that had vehicles in it at the time. So I was a Knight Rider and Airwolf junkie that occasionally watched Dukes of Hazzard or Hardcastle and McCormick. For the 1970s though, the show I really couldn't get enough of was Emergency! (and the later seasons had a guitar strum that rivaled Barney Miller). Yes, growing up I was well into Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman, but Emergency tends to grab my interest more these days, probably because it was meant to mirror real life with its situations as it helped to spawn paramedic programs all over the country.

Of the shows today, since Battlestar Galactica and the Stargate shows have left the airwaves, I don't watch much of the current stuff at all except for the NCIS shows (which my folks also watch, giving us a bonding moment). The NCIS programs seem to still have some of that old 80s magic, probably because their production and writing teams have some veterans on them from those years. As for sports, it is auto racing on weekends until pro football season starts. I won't be watching NASCAR much anymore after next year with Tony Stewart retiring, so I will focus more on Indycar and other series.

Concerning cable stuff, I still watch Top Gear, be it reruns or new and that includes the American version on History since it has its unique brand of American lunacy (such as Rutlidge and his weird love of old VWs or Tanner going for anything he can powerslide in cross country challenges). I liked the new season of the BBC Top Gear as it seems to be finding its form, although I like the fact that Chris Evans is leaving. Concerning Clarkson, May and Hammond, honestly they were getting a bit stale as the obviously written situations they were getting into with their skits were just getting too over-repetitive and stale. There is only so many times when somebody can paint insulting slogans on cars, or rig something to say one thing and something MUCH different when a door opens. Personally, I would have loved James May to stay on (still watch his solo projects religiously) and perhaps Hammond. But Clarkson's "orangutan" persona was getting too overpowering and it was an act because I can remember when he was once a GREAT car presenter. I believe the last skit he did which was still vintage Clarkson was the Ford Fiesta mall drive ("I am breaking the speed limit INDOORS!") and Royal Marines beach landing. After that... it was okay but not great since he was obviously doing stupid crap because that is what the producers felt people wanted to see.

The shows on Velocity I like. Wheeler Dealers I tune in for every week since it is mostly the cars and not BS stuff. Fantomworks is another favorite and the periodic episode of Bitchin Rides is also fun to watch when their project interests me. The others I watch when they are on, but don't seek them out. The one show I hated until recently though was Graveyard Carz. The first seasons of that show SUCKED as it was a gripe fest between Mark and Darren and I hated Darren (glad he got ejected out of there). The most recent season they shot with Darren gone, the new shop and the new guy Dave Rea is MUCH better as it began to focus primarily on the cars and not just the antics (yes, some antics, but it isn't a American Chopper clone now). So I was finally able to start learning about and appreciating old Mopars and the details Mark was putting into his restorations. Its those little details about inspection stamps, heavy paint drips on Daytonas and Superbirds and how to duplicate the right appearance of a serial number stamp that you don't see that ANYWHERE else.

Yep the 80's was he last decade that had a wide variety of shows, most well designed. The era of reality type t.v from the late 90's to today has turned much of t.v. into mental pablum.

Edited by Gordon Shumway

I just finished watching the second season finale of Wayward Pines. That show has me oddly fascinated with its premise. Glad to see I am not alone watching it.

80s shows? Three letters: ALF! :woot.gif: :woot.gif:

ALF

I just finished watching the second season finale of Wayward Pines. That show has me oddly fascinated with its premise. Glad to see I am not alone watching it.

80s shows? Three letters: ALF! :woot.gif:/> :woot.gif:/>

ALF

Cheers from Gordon Shumway. :cheers:

Simon & Simon...loved that old Dodge Power Wagon (.44 second mark) :thumbsup:!

Fall Guy (another cool old truck):

Don't forget Riptide with the Screamin' Mimi helo!

Gotta listen to a little A-Team (coolest Van ever on TV IMHO):

:cheers:

Ahh yes, a trip down memory lane. For me, I was more into shows that had vehicles in it at the time. So I was a Knight Rider and Airwolf junkie that occasionally watched Dukes of Hazzard or Hardcastle and McCormick. For the 1970s though, the show I really couldn't get enough of was Emergency! (and the later seasons had a guitar strum that rivaled Barney Miller). Yes, growing up I was well into Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman, but Emergency tends to grab my interest more these days, probably because it was meant to mirror real life with its situations as it helped to spawn paramedic programs all over the country.

Of the shows today, since Battlestar Galactica and the Stargate shows have left the airwaves, I don't watch much of the current stuff at all except for the NCIS shows (which my folks also watch, giving us a bonding moment). The NCIS programs seem to still have some of that old 80s magic, probably because their production and writing teams have some veterans on them from those years. As for sports, it is auto racing on weekends until pro football season starts. I won't be watching NASCAR much anymore after next year with Tony Stewart retiring, so I will focus more on Indycar and other series.

Concerning cable stuff, I still watch Top Gear, be it reruns or new and that includes the American version on History since it has its unique brand of American lunacy (such as Rutlidge and his weird love of old VWs or Tanner going for anything he can powerslide in cross country challenges). I liked the new season of the BBC Top Gear as it seems to be finding its form, although I like the fact that Chris Evans is leaving. Concerning Clarkson, May and Hammond, honestly they were getting a bit stale as the obviously written situations they were getting into with their skits were just getting too over-repetitive and stale. There is only so many times when somebody can paint insulting slogans on cars, or rig something to say one thing and something MUCH different when a door opens. Personally, I would have loved James May to stay on (still watch his solo projects religiously) and perhaps Hammond. But Clarkson's "orangutan" persona was getting too overpowering and it was an act because I can remember when he was once a GREAT car presenter. I believe the last skit he did which was still vintage Clarkson was the Ford Fiesta mall drive ("I am breaking the speed limit INDOORS!") and Royal Marines beach landing. After that... it was okay but not great since he was obviously doing stupid crap because that is what the producers felt people wanted to see.

The shows on Velocity I like. Wheeler Dealers I tune in for every week since it is mostly the cars and not BS stuff. Fantomworks is another favorite and the periodic episode of Bitchin Rides is also fun to watch when their project interests me. The others I watch when they are on, but don't seek them out. The one show I hated until recently though was Graveyard Carz. The first seasons of that show SUCKED as it was a gripe fest between Mark and Darren and I hated Darren (glad he got ejected out of there). The most recent season they shot with Darren gone, the new shop and the new guy Dave Rea is MUCH better as it began to focus primarily on the cars and not just the antics (yes, some antics, but it isn't a American Chopper clone now). So I was finally able to start learning about and appreciating old Mopars and the details Mark was putting into his restorations. Its those little details about inspection stamps, heavy paint drips on Daytonas and Superbirds and how to duplicate the right appearance of a serial number stamp that you don't see that ANYWHERE else.

Graveyard cars is ok, Mark does get on my nerves, but he knows his stuff and can raddel off detailed car facts like we do with our knowledge of airplanes. I like Phantom Works, Dale (?) runs his shop with military professionalism. He is also a pilot and restores planes as well.

Wheeler Dealer, I have nothing but good things to say about the show, I have actually learned a lot from it.

Fast n Loud and Misfit Garage, I agree its cookie cutter but I like to see what they come up with in the end. And I will admit that I am a but bias because Tom Smith is a friend of mine.

100_3534_zps2dnt99n4.jpg

100_3537_zps1b908sbf.jpg

This is a trip down memory lane. The shows may have been cheesy, but they were fun. TV seems to have lost that nowadays. I watch Emergency every day. Surprisingly, the acting is very, very good. I was an EMT for five years, and they actually are pretty realistic in their treatment. My two daughters are probably the only teen girls that can sing the theme song. They loved watching with me when they were younger. When I get my next car, I'm going to get vanity plates with KMG 365. :D

80s shows? Three letters: ALF! :woot.gif:/> :woot.gif:/>

ALF

The first season was great, I liked how it kept you guessing about the situation for the first 3 or 4 episodes, I'm going to watch the the latest episode tonight.

This is a trip down memory lane. The shows may have been cheesy, but they were fun. TV seems to have lost that nowadays. I watch Emergency every day. Surprisingly, the acting is very, very good. I was an EMT for five years, and they actually are pretty realistic in their treatment. My two daughters are probably the only teen girls that can sing the theme song. They loved watching with me when they were younger. When I get my next car, I'm going to get vanity plates with KMG 365. :D/>

I agree about EMERGENCY. From what I learned they used proper medical and safety terms. The filming was often in some quite tricky situations during the series. The driver/actor of the fire engine, Marco Lopez in the show was actually an L.A. County Firefighter.

Nice eye candy in that show was Julie London, the Rampart ER nurse. She was in real life married to Bobby Troup one of the ER doctors in the show.

Emergency was and still is my favorite show. Just a little correction. The driver of Engine 51 wasn't Lopez, but Mike Stoker. He was an actual LACO firefighter and held a screen actors guild card, so they chose him to drive for liability reasons I'm sure. I wish Revell would release a Squad 51 and an Engine 51 in 1/24 scale. I'd sure build them!!!

When I was going thru paramedic assistant training years ago, the paramedics told us when prepping the drugs, to not pull a Gage and Desoto and flip the lids off like they did. Man, I wanted to be like Roy. He was my favorite.

Airwolf was a cool TV show by the way.

Tim

Edited by hawkwrench

Emergency was and still is my favorite show. Just a little correction. The driver of Engine 51 wasn't Lopez, but Mike Stoker. He was an actual LACO firefighter and held a screen actors guild card, so they chose him to drive for liability reasons I'm sure. I wish Revell would release a Squad 51 and an Engine 51 in 1/24 scale. I'd sure build them!!!

When I was going thru paramedic assistant training years ago, the paramedics told us when prepping the drugs, to not pull a Gage and Desoto and flip the lids off like they did. Man, I wanted to be like Roy. He was my favorite.

Airwolf was a cool TV show by the way.

Tim

Thanks for the correction.

I too loved Emergency as a kid. For a number of years as kids on Halloween my best bud and I would dress up as firefighters, with tan/khaki rain coats, heavy gumboots, black water colour paint smeared on our faces to look like smoke and fire fighters hard hats.