R.I.P. I thought B5 was the best written scifi series on TV, mainly due to JMS having a vision for a defined arc and then writing almost all of the scripts. I just wish they had known early on they would get all 5 years, so they didn't have to collapse the arc into 4 seasons and then tread water in season 5.

Regards,

Murph

Didn't know you were a B5 fan too, Murph.

Couple years back at a reunion panel Jerry told a story about very nearly dying and having to be hospitalized. He made it through and every morning "like Dellin did for sheridan, I wake up and watch the sunrise"

Didn't know you were a B5 fan too, Murph.

If nothing else, the show's mantra of "No kids or cute robots" would have won me over.

Regards,

Murph

Edited by Murph

Yep, B5 was a great show - it's almost like there's a curse on the actors, though, because of how many have died so young. Tim Choate, Richard Biggs, Jeff Conaway, Michael O'Hare, now Jerry Doyle, and not-so-young but still disappointing, Andreas Katsulas.

I actually met Jerry Doyle once - he was at a bar in Coronado where my girlfriend at the time was playing bass in a blues band. I spoke to him for a minute, and he seemed like a nice enough guy, pretty laid back. RIP Mr. Doyle.