How did you meet your spouse

I would like to start something a little bit different and slightly more personal. What were the circumstances for meeting your spouse/significant other?

I was 18 and a Freshman at Texas Women's University, Denton, Texas. The school sponsored a Valentine's Day dance and invited the guys from Sheppard AFB to attend. I saw him walk through the door and my roomie gave me a shove and said, "Go get him". I would have married him that night if he had asked. It took him about 2 months to realize that he was hooked and to propose to me and we were married 6 weeks later. The first kid showed up 14 months later. Before he asked me, he actually stood at attention in front of my father and asked his permission for us to get married. The answer was non-committal either way. Dad said that he had never walked any of his 6 other daughters down the aisle and he wasn't going to do it this time. My older brother filled in for him. His wife was my Matron of Honor. Hubby has thoroughly indoctrinated me in the world of airplanes and modeling in the 52 years since then. :yahoo:

Grandma L

Worked with her for 3-4 years. I'm primarily in the office as was she (in another dept). Never really paid much attention to her.

On occasion for some extra premium pay, I'd do field work on the weekend. Definitely "dirty jobs" type of work but it was nice to get out of the office, hang out with the boys and do some real work. She signed up for some of those jobs as well. Not something many females had any interest in. She worked harder than most of the guys and caught my attention. A year or two later, we started dating.

The rest is history....

I was embalming this dude and a cute student was introduced to me. Seriously, we both used to be funeral directors. Neither one of us have done that in 25 plus years.

I met my wife at Baylor University. We dated for about a year, but it didn't seem like it was going anywhere. We had come back from summer break and were going to meet in the lobby of my dorm. She was done with me and I was done with her. Then, something happened. You may not agree, but I sincerely believe God intervened and had to get it into my thick skull that we were supposed to be married. I walked through the door of the lobby with every intention of breaking up, but when I looked at her it was like getting hit upside the head by a 2x4. I have never felt such intense emotion since then. I fell completely in love with her. It took me the next year at school to convince her of the same. 21 years of marriage later and it's still a thrill.

Met her at a English class in college. I wasn't very interested but she never gave up. She asked for my number on the last day of class and called me two weeks later. I still wasn't that interested but thought, hey, she wants me so much why not check it out. Seventeen years later and we're still at it :)

Rob

Everyone seen the movie "You've Got Mail"? We started chatting in an AOL chat room and then had three years of long distance and airline dating. Eighteenth wedding anniversary coming up this December. Oh yeah, several thousand dollar long distance phone bills.

Cheers,

Dave

In January of 92, a good friend invited me to hang out with him and some of his friends from high school. We all met up at his house and that was the first time I had seen/met her. We all went to the Safari Bar in West Covina, CA. Her and I got in a big fight, she called me an A-hole and I called her a stuck up little B.

The next day, I asked my friend for her number so I could apologize. He obliged reluctantly and I called. We went out for a couple of weeks, then a couple weeks after that I proposed. We got married in August of 94 and about to celebrate our 22nd anniversary.

Grandma,

Fun topic.

I met my wife at Grumman; Plant 35 in Bethpage. I was working as an engineer and she was hired as an intern as part of Pratt Institute's engineering co-op program. It didn't take me too long to ask her out for a date. While I asked her to marry me within a few weeks of that date, we waited just over a year until she graduated to get engaged. She and her parents were born in Poland, so I asked her parents, in Polish, for her hand. We married 2 years and 1 day after our first date--that was more than 27 years ago. :wub:

Met my wife November of 1989. It would be the equivalent of Internet dating now, there was a classifieds paper called Di's Meet People. She had a ad in there that caught my eye. I responded, she called, we went on a date, by the end of the weekend we were engaged. 27 years later, we are still at it. :thumbsup:

I met the woman who would eventually be my wife on OKCupid. In the photo of her on OKCupid Website, she was grinning and holding a fish. I was hooked. We both love to fish, and to cook and eat what we catch. We Skyped and emailed back and forth until I felt as if I'd known her for years. I flew down to Washington from Alaska to meet her, and we've been together ever since. We've been married for four years, and we're still holding hands. BTW, she has expressed nothing but compliments regarding the growing fleet of 1/72-scale airplanes in the air space of my man cave. On my part, I give her nothing but compliments on her growing collection of quilting fabric and quilts. I'm 78 and she's 65.

We were 14, freshmen in high school in the same world history and Latin class. I targeted her the very second I saw her. Dated all through high school, married when I was in the military, Our 50th anniversary is approaching in December. 55 years, 4 children and 5 grandchildren and she is still the funnest person I know.

She tells the story way better than I do.

I was stationed in Korea, literally had only been there for about 3 weeks and me and my guys went down south to Itaewon and partied at an Irish pub for St. Paddy's day. She had already been there for over 6 months as a english teacher. Anyway I'm at the pub with my buddies, standing at the bar with one of them, and this brown chick in a sea of asians and whites comes over and starts chatting me up while her friend is talking to mine. Little did I know but apparently her and her friend played a game of "hai-bai-bo" (rock, paper, scissors) to see who would try to take one of us home that night. She got me. I left her my number when I left her apartment that night, she texts me the next day saying last night didn't count (we both were pretty drunk) and that she wanted a rematch. Started dating right then and I knew I had fallen in love with her probably within the month. Got married 6 months after, now at 6 years being together we have the 2 most beautiful kids on the planet and still having a blast.

I was embalming this dude and a cute student was introduced to me. Seriously, we both used to be funeral directors. Neither one of us have done that in 25 plus years.

Yes I still can't believe your lovely wife did that.

I met mine on a blind date still together 28 years later.

Don

I was studying towards my PhD in the USA when I decided to do something interesting with my student stipend savings. Being a PhD student, there was usually little time to do anything but study, so I usually saved all my extra income for some interesting trip during the holidays. Having visited many Western European WWII sites and museums before then, I decided it was time to take my hobby "East". It was around 1999, and I had a few email "penpals" that I very occasionally corresponded with when I got bored in the lab late at night. One was a girl from Russia, and I sort-of "informed" her that I had decided to go tour Russia by myself during the coming winter holidays. Knowing that I didn't know a word of Russian, she basically said that was a very bad idea. However, she very kindly suggested as an alternative that I stay in the town where she was studying and she would help me get around the place and take me to the local museums and other interesting historical sites. I thought that sounded like a better idea than trying to find someone who can speak English each time I wanted to buy a train ticket (something I've done before in other parts of the world) so, I agreed.

She (and her mom, being a little uncertain about what kind of person I was) came to meet me at the airport and up to that point I didn't even know what she looked like. Frankly, being a bit of a nerd, I was more excited about visiting museums and seeing stuff (aircraft in particular) that I have only seen in books before. However, when I met her at the airport and discovered that she was the embodiment of everything that has ever been written about pretty Russian girls, my interest in WWII history very quickly dropped to a very distant second place on my trip priority list. It took two more years to convince her (and her parents) that it would be a good idea to leave Russia and go see the world with me... 14 years of marriage and two kids later and I have not had a single regret since!

At a new grad student party back in 2004. We were both smokers then. She and several other gals were smoking in the back yard. I had just struck out with a pretty blonde, so I decided to go ask the cute redhead for a light. A year later we moved in together, and by 2009 we got married.