Trying to get this done in the last month of the GB. Building this is proving to be really unpleasant. Fit issues, alignment issues, short shot molds. You name it.

IMG_9908.jpg

Only one problem. My kits an "E" with the E armament

panels and Clostermann flew a "C"... Ordered Ultracast replacements....and ordered the wrong ones!!!! ugh!

• 2 weeks later...

The ICM/Ultracast Spitfire Mk IX. I went on a shopping spree at Ultracast a couple of years back so I decided to use them in this build.

Ultracast prop and spinner, wing tips, gun covers, cannons,exhaust, seat and control surfaces....whew!

I'm still seething from the poor fit caused by the firewall and as I now realize, the instrument panel but.. Getting closer to priming and sanding and paint.

IMG_0040.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Curious to see if you like the all black primer method. I'm liking it on the Tamiya.

Ive tried black basing on a number of builds lately and I don't think I'll ever go back to "conventional" pre-shading. Its awesome! The variability you control you get with the mottling is pretty cool!!

I thought that the ICM kits came with different gun bay covers to allow for building a number of wing types....must be misremembering.

Some of the later boxings limited your options. The Mk IXc with Johnnie Johnson's plane as boxart came with all sorts of goodies-early and late gun covers, long and short barrels, early and late elevators and rudder etc. The one I used was very limited. Cranked elevator, late broad rudder and the E gun bay covers and that's it!