So I stumbled across this pic of an IAF KC-707 and thought it would fit in with the Boeing collection of tankers and such. I've tried to see if anyone makes the insignia on the nose in 1/144 but can only find really large versions for C-97's and C-47's. Also, is this the same color as current USAF KC-135R's? Pic is copyrighted so I'm posting a link to the original owners (Isaac Lebowitz) posting. Any help would be appreciated.

Israeli Air Force KC-707

• 2 years later...

I have been looking around for 707-320 1/144 JT3D hush kitted cowlings to go along with my Omega Air Tanker project.  Still can't find any, so will try to modify the Minicraft kit engines by adding a thin bulged piece of plastic (straw perhaps?) to the back of the forward cowling and shape & fit to suite.

00x.JPG

Edited by Dutch
grammar

From the FlightGlobal aviaiton publication archive, comes this simple diagram, which makes me think that the hush kit adds length to the front of the cowling (see red lines).  However, the previous photos make me think that I may have to add some plasticard before and behind the current cowling "step."  Hmm...  As this is only 1/144, I may get away with just adding behind as noted in blue above.

00xxx.JPG

Edited by Dutch

Thanks Dutchmaster!   Contrails makes a hush kitted set of engines of which I purchased a set.   They were some of the worst resin engines I've ever gotten.   It's almost like they pulled them from the mold before the resin had fully set up.   None of the engines were usable.  Intakes were way out of round and couldn't be saved.   Here's a linky to their website and the product in question.    https://www.airline-hobby-estore.com/product-p/cm44-707-q.htm

Edited by Drifterdon

Ah, I forgot to look at Contrails' offerings!  Hmm, it does not seem to be on their website, although your link to AHS shows them clearly.  I will email Mike directly.  He's been good to me.  No complaints so far.

Edited by Dutch

Don,

I have IsraDecal IAF-64 Middle East Herks.  It features several Israeli Herks and three different sqn badges: the black bird/globe, the elephant and the yellow bird.  They are all sized for the C-130's tail and so are too large for the nose of the 1/144 KC-707.  The black bird/globe logo is approx 3/4" x 3/4". 

However, Microscale 72-220 Israeli badges may have a size close to your needs in the middle of the sheet above the "Mirage III C" logos..  I'll clip them and send them along with the other item I have for you.

R/

Dutch

Edited by Dutch
add detail
On 6/28/2019 at 4:02 AM, Dutch said:

Don,

However, Microscale 72-220 Israeli badges may have a size close to your needs in the middle of the sheet above the "Mirage III C" logos..  I'll clip them and send them along with the other item I have for you.

R/

Dutch

Hey DutchMaster.  Got these decals in the mail today!  Thanks a million pard!  I think these may work out just fine.

Don 

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 10:08 AM, Dutch said:

Don, just ordered the 707 hush kits. We will see how well they are moulded.  R/ Dutch 

Dutchman, Let me know how your Contrail hush kitted JT3D's look when you get them?   Maybe my set were a fluke (rush job).  I pulled mine out last night to look at them and I've already cut one of them up to try and see if I can somehow save them.

• 1 month later...

Brothers Don & Ray,

I talked to Russ Brown at AHS today. He said that Contrails promised him the hush kitted engines last week, but they were not in his shipment.  He said Mike Bolden promised to mail them by this weekend, but he is about to get clobbered by Hurricane Dorian, so I expect it will take another two to three weeks.  I will keep you posted. 

R/

Dutch 

Edited by Dutch
spelling
  • 1 month later...

Brothers Don & Ray, I received my package from AHS last week. It inlcuded the decals and Contrails 707 hush kits. I took photos and will upload them here. My initial impression is that these are not perfect, but quite useable. 

001.thumb.JPG.980745e068d82e01614472daf5661015.JPG

Edited by Dutch

So I stumbled across this pic of an IAF KC-707 and thought it would fit in with the Boeing collection of tankers and such. I've tried to see if anyone makes the insignia on the nose in 1/144 but can only find really large versions for C-97's and C-47's. Also, is this the same color as current USAF KC-135R's? Pic is copyrighted so I'm posting a link to the original owners (Isaac Lebowitz) posting. Any help would be appreciated.

Here's my effort at the IAF museum's 707 static display

This one has the old colors,similar to national airline at that time

the engines are different

Walkarounds  at my page below,if needed

b.707-131_008_4x-jyd_32_of_63.jpg

• 1 month later...